Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month ago I bought a new 2015 3500 PM diesel, extended with high roof. The weather here in the Shuswap (Salmon Arm, BC) will be below freezing until the latter part of March. The first sunny days after that will see start my van conversion. Mods, thorough rust prevention, wiring, insulation and lining. Its intended use will be hauling 'stuff' for myself and overnight excursions. Other than installing a furnace, fan and batteries, the rest will be pop in/out units . For now anyhow - we'll see how things go. My be go to a full conversion, likely bit by bit.

Why so 'elaborate', for so little usage? Well, I looked for what I thought would be a reliable, dual use unit. There were none that weren't at least 3/4 of new cost. So, time to start looking at new ones maybe? In my town, there isn't a cargo van dealer of any make. In the next larger center, I found the vehicle that I eventually purchased (the only cargo van on the lot). This was much much more of a vehicle than I wanted. Finally after dropping the price $8500 , I bit. I've owned heavy diesel equipment and trucks, so I'm quite comfortable with diesel. Actually, I quite enjoy driving it. Especially in manual shift.

In the meantime I'm finding lots of information on the net. Especially this forum - thanks guys! And, as the wife has noticed ;), the couriers are dropping off stuff most every day.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts