Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, another new old geezer. I call myself a CDOG because I am a Coffe Drinkin' Old Guy!

But I have purchased a 2016 PMC SLT, white in color
and so far, liking it a lot. It packs me, my wife, her wheelchair, and a 90 lb dog very well. I did not like the speedo in the daytime however, it was like looking into a cave. Doesn't help to have some old eyes I guess either.

I found a free app at the itunes store that turns my iphone into a digital speedometer. Works like a charm. The phone fits horizontally in that little cubby just forward of the gear selector, and plugs in the 12v outlet to keep it charged. Just thought I'd share that info with any who are having trouble seeing the speedo also...thanks for listening.

Gump

·
Super Moderator
10,873 Posts
Welcome Gump! How bout posting a link to that free speedo app?

Don't forget to remember to post in the City secretion if you have City specific posts.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Come join the speedometer thread in progress in the city forum!
I also have my phone in that front area where the shifter is, it fits perfectly width ways and has never fallen out despite my sometimes crazy off road adventures for work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Speedo fix

Welcome Gump! How bout posting a link to that free speedo app?

Don't forget to remember to post in the City secretion if you have City specific posts.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/stanislav-dvoychenko/id433259771

I hope I have shown the link above correctly, besides being an old coot, I am not real "device-savy" Anyway it is my fix for being able to read the speedo in daylight. The app is free, used with a smart phone, and shows speed, altitude, miles traveled, etc, etc, and seems to work well for me. There are a few more apps available also, I downloaded two and both work well.

Maybe it would help another poor soul with fading eyes!

And thanks for the welcome posts!

Gump

·
Administrator
343 Posts
The red symbol was to show the post had not been approved. It was because of the itunes link he was sharing, thinking the system flagged it as Spam and unapproved.

I've approved his first message, and deleted his 2nd attempt.

Kevin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts