Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday the 13th turned out to be a lucky day for me as I picked up my new van. The wait time was on the order of three and a half months. It's a 2500 HR with a 159" wheelbase and I am looking forward to building it up and heading out for new adventures.

Cheers, all!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wait... What? A plan? I knew there was something I was forgetting...;)

My current "plan" (subject to change) is to add flooring, then have a sunroof added. I'm not sure if I'll add an additional window opposite the window on the sliding door. We shall see. After the sunroof, I'll figure out just what I'll use for insulation/noise dampening/vapor barrier material and how I'll affix it to the sides and ceiling. I'm entertaining the thought of making removable panels with the material attached to them rather than the actual wall of the van. I'll do a small experimental section to see if that is even a viable option.

However I decide to insulate the interior, once the interior is finished,
the van will be ready to go (I already have lots of car camping gear) and I'll add items in the interior as the need arises.

As far as internal power goes, I'm leaning toward adding a second battery (than can be charged as I drive) and small inverter to provide power to keep a laptop, phone and the like charged. For now though, the van has enough power ports to keep things charged while I'm on the go.

if I do want to add a small solar power system, I'm fortunate to work with a number of engineers that have experience with battery systems and have already been very helpful with recommendations regarding batteries and solar panels. Typically, when I tell them of my plan, the first thing they say is something along the lines of, "Let me know when you want to design your system, I have some ideas." Nice.

I chose to get a gas engine as it best suited my plans. Originally, I was going to get a 3500 / 159" wb extended, but decided to get the 2500 / 159 and get rid of some more stuff.

That's about it from here for now. I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions as time goes on, and will be sure to send along some photos as things progress.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Meant to include in my reply that I really like the color as well. I hadn't seen one in that color in person, so there was a bit of uncertainty as to how good the color would look when scaled up from the photo in the brochure to life-size. Sort of like picking paint for your house. What looks good as a sample might not look so good once it's on a wall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts