Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I've learned alot on this forum and pulled the trigger on a 3500 ex that I'm picking up on Saturday.
I could never justify a sprinter because of the high cost and maintenance. Alough it fit my needs perfectly. I'll be using it for contracting and fun with the family.
When I first heard about and saw the pm I wasnt impressed. I thought it was ULGY! That rear axle looked awkward at best.
But after looking closer and seeing how capable the pm is with saving thousands while being optioned out , and no outrageous maintenance costs it's not ulgy anymore! All I see now is a very tough truck that fits my needs perfectly, drives great, inexpensive to operate and looks good, with a reasonable price.
I also think the 159wb is perfect. MB 170wb is to long and fords new transit (that I was going to wait for) at 148 is to short with a funny looking exaggerated overhang.
My 2 cents

·
Super Moderator
9,097 Posts
As a present Sprinter owner (soon to be PM owner) I can also agree with you 100%. Within another year when the Promaster & Transit become fully established only a fool with too much money and a big ego would spend it on a Sprinter and feed the repair & paint shops with all their hard earned money.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think that the length of the Promaster compared to the Transit does make it quite appealing. What exactly do you mean when you say "fun with the family?"

Are you going to turn it into an RV, or transport some ATVs or something?

Congrats on the order. let us know when you actually have your hands on it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
As a present Sprinter owner (soon to be PM owner) I can also agree with you 100%. Within another year when the Promaster & Transit become fully established only a fool with too much money and a big ego would spend it on a Sprinter and feed the repair & paint shops with all their hard earned money.
Good way to put it.
It will be clear to see who that is, knowing what exactly you need and what your options are and what they offer you is key, if not you're likely to be that moron.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts