Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello my name is Gaston, I'm a contractor/carpenter/woodworker and I just got my new 2015 Promaster about a week ago, it's a 2500 high roof 159" wheel base. I'm really happy with it, I like everything about it, I like the looks of it, I'm impressed with the storage room, It's so big on the back that I can have all my tools and still have so much room for materials, like plywood, drywall or anything else and best of all nothing gets wet. Before my promaster I used to have a 2007 dodge laramie 2500 extended cab and 8' bed with a bed cover. the back seats I had them folded up and I could store my dewalt tstacks, the reason that I put my tools on the back was so I could still pick material up. I guess It was ok for a while but It was a pain most of the time trying to get tools out of it and forget about the 12 to 13 the most MPG on this thing. Don't get me wrong I loved my dodge but It was time for a change. On my first week on the promoter I noticed that I was getting an average of 18 MPG driving maybe 65 mph on highway. Amazing, on my first week I put almost 400 miles before I filled up again but I could've got a little over 400 if I didn't filled up when I did. I think that is impressive considering the size of this vehicle and it's only a 25 gallon tank. I think I'm saving compering to my old pick up about $200.00 a month in gas. Driving the promaster feels really nice, the seats are comfortable, the front vision while driving it's amazing. Mine came with power/foldable heated side mirrors,power windows, double passenger seat, u-connect, rear camera, glass windows on the back(it's a must for me), glass on the side sliding door and all the glass is tinted so it's hard to see from outside, navigation and the color is what I really like, it's the granite color, super sharp looking color. I will post pictures tomorrow. Now I'm working on designing the back, I'm trying to get educated on what is the correct way on insulating the walls before I build any shelving. My overall experience with the van is superb!! I can say enough about it considering that it's a brand new car with no miles on it so I will see with time!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Myke, thank you!!! yes the color is beautiful and the windows make the van look sharp!!
Thanks again!!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Looks good! I have the same as you (side windows and back).

Hope you enjoy your new PM.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Gaston,

Looks nice! I Have the same color, same configuration, and just added glass to make it a window van. Had to go to VT to find it!

Also in CT, near bridgeport.

Enjoy,
Ed

Visit my website for building pics...mine is a retirement project?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Gaston,

Looks nice! I Have the same color, same configuration, and just added glass to make it a window van. Had to go to VT to find it!

Also in CT, near bridgeport.

Enjoy,
Ed

Visit my website for building pics...mine is a retirement project.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you uncubed!!! I do enjoy it, coming from a pick up truck to this beautiful PM, it makes everything much more simple for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you proeddie, how was your experience with the PM this long winter? I just got it so i didn't get the chance to tested on snow. Thanks again!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eddie what a great website you put together, it's great full of very useful information!!! Great looking van!!!

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Eddie what a great website you put together, it's great full of very useful information!!! Great looking van!!!
Thanks,

The website serves two purposes. I wanted to document the work on my PM for friends who have asked about its progress, and, I wanted to experiment with using Wordpress as a web publishing package for some consulting work I may get involved in.

As far as the winter, I really didn't drive it much.... not in the snow at all... retired guy, other cars for the winter. My biggest complaint is that I couldn't bring it in the garage this winter to do work on the inside! If I was going to be in the van for a while, I started it and turned on the front (and only) heater. In a few minutes, it was shirt-sleeve warm in there. I wish the AC would work as well but with a dark colored graphite van, it's gonna get warm if it is parked in the sun.

Maybe we'll get together this summer to compare notes. Feel free to contact me for questions that I may (or may not) have the answer to!

Bought mine in VT, but plan on servicing in Wallingford at the Ram dealer there. Going over there in a few weeks for an initial recall/service visit. Hoping they turn out to be a good Promaster service dealer.

Ed

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you Eddie, I'll be definitely be contacting you in the future with some questions or just to check in with you, thanks again!!!!
Gaston.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts