Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on the new refresh of the Ram configure site for the PM, that there is a new photo of a headlight unit with daytime running lights, and it is not the 2015 Ducato style, but a mashup of the older style:

Can anyone with daytime running lights confirm if this is the current DRL setup or something new for the 2015 PM?

If it is, I am disappointed, I was hoping for the sleeker 2015 Ducato headlight units:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes, the ProMaster is still a 2014 MY. The ProMaster City is a 2015 MY because, due to its later launch, there isn't going to be a 2014 MY at all.

So, since the images shown on the site are of the 2014 ProMaster, we can't use it as an indicator of whether we will get the revised headlight styling. I hope we get them sooner than later, because they look so much nicer (in my opinion, of course).

Unless my Econoline dies, I'm gonna hold off on buying until the ProMaster gets the new headlights, even if that means waiting another year. Maybe by then, they'll throw in a nine-speed automatic and a tilt wheel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
DRL in ProMaster 2015 is 10w bulb. Not a LED.

Promaster vs Ducato

Pros
3.6-liter Pentastar V-6, whose 280 horsepower with automatic transmission - huge power :)
Little bit alternate design, but no LED DRL.(Easy to change it to LED)

Cons
No manual transmission.
Fuel Consumption. For example 2.2L 120HP Turbodiesel - 30mpG(City)
No Rear Air Suspension. Only aftermarket(very expensive).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts