Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought new 2014 Ram ProMaster Van in May 2015 and was very happy with it but now I have an ongoing problem with the oil sensor circuit, trouble codes P0520 and P06DE. I am currently interested in learning where the sensor is located and how difficult it is to replace.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It might be, I have 27k miles on the van. Still would like to understand where the part is for sure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took my van to the dealership with a two week wait for an appointment and then another week and a half for the repair which does seem to be okay but not fully tested by me yet. The good news is that the dealership did all the work under warranty, the oil sensor was the culprit and replacement involved removing two manifolds from the top of the engine to get to the part. This meant replacing two gaskets when reassembled as would be expected, and since the engine is sort of shoved under the body of the van I am sure it was not an easy task. They said the old part was sent back to Chrysler since it was under warranty work which hopefully means that they are actively studying this issue and newer vehicles will have a better part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts