Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have come across New 2014 PM at a fairly good price. Before I get too serious, need advice on early problems. Just how serious and how many are there, how likely are they to occur, which ones, symptoms, odds on dealer being able to find/repair, etc. Just anything an old man should know before making a purchase. I‘be been sort of watched the forum but wasn‘t really serious about diesel till now.

And related, will have power wheelchair lift installed, for passenger use. Any advice?

Many thanks

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
As to the diesel, only a small percentage had problems and the problems decreased as the 2014 year went on. We heard of only one with issues in October (build date) and one in December. More earlier. Many of the associated problems were probably due to the dealer not getting, or getting poor direction from FCA. If you buy it get the date of build and if it is late summer 2014 you are probably fine. If you buy it and it throws a CEL try ignoring it, but get it on a highway so it does not idle or sit in traffic for a few hundred miles. Many of the CEL issues just went away. A very few had regeneration of the particulate filter problems and went into limp mode. If so it must go to the dealer ASAP. Be sure the dealer does not put it on the back lot waiting for parts as parts will probably not fix it anyway. YOU need to contact FCA and the dealer needs to get direction not just read the code and throw parts at it!
Best, I think it is a great vehicle as a diesel from my test drives.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts