Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I picked up a 2014 159 2500 10 days or so ago for 15,000 (79,000 miles) but I did check into Hennessy (they raised the price from 29,000 to 30,200 in the week that I was dealing with them) but I also found almost the exact same type of deal (2018 vans with no miles sold as used) in PA for 29,000 even. I believe I found them on CarGuru.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for All advise!
Moving from boat life ..all year
To 50/50 van life
Will pick more brains when we can
Anyone want a boat for another world cruise?
We want land cruising.

I
Tell me 'bout that boat? I'm still finishing my van build but something in me has started dreaming of the seas....

·
Registered
57 Posts
I picked up a 2014 159 2500 10 days or so ago for 15,000 (79,000 miles) but I did check into Hennessy (they raised the price from 29,000 to 30,200 in the week that I was dealing with them) but I also found almost the exact same type of deal (2018 vans with no miles sold as used) in PA for 29,000 even. I believe I found them on CarGuru.
The PMs in GA came from PA, Beaver Motors. Who ordered a bunch for Hymer Conversion before they went out of business, so they were stuck with a dozen vans. That's why they're non-white with some pretty good options

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for All advise!
Moving from boat life ..all year
To 50/50 van life
Will pick more brains when we can
Anyone want a boat for another world cruise?
We want land cruising.

I
We were doing the boat 7 months/yr the last few years, going to the Bahamas for the winter. If I was under 6ft and traveling by myself I would do a 136. I'm 6-3 so I have to go fore and aft.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe so. I tried hard to get them to go lower, but it really is a good deal. I worked with a local dealer on a 2019 and had them down to invoice, but the 2018s at Hennessey were $2500 less with about $2000 more in features. The badge delete is nice. They picked my wife and I up from the airport, test drove it, did the paperwork and were out in about an hour. I had to put down a $500 deposit a week or two before to hold the one I wanted. Note their dealer fees at about $799.
I too did tons of research and in serious discussion with several dealers in lower 48. The new “used” ones at Hennessy are the best deal price-wise. Plus they have extras, and are in colors! Granite was my second choice but I bought a silver one, still pushing registration papers back and forth as I am purchasing from Alaska. Will fly down to retrieve — still less overall than purchasing in Alaska, plus I get a road trip out of it. The guy up here doing conversion built fishing boats for Bristol Bay for 30 years, now does vans and says it fits well, that carpenters go nuts on van conversions but far easier for boat builders.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I too did tons of research and in serious discussion with several dealers in lower 48. The new “used” ones at Hennessy are the best deal price-wise. Plus they have extras, and are in colors! Granite was my second choice but I bought a silver one, still pushing registration papers back and forth as I am purchasing from Alaska. Will fly down to retrieve — still less overall than purchasing in Alaska, plus I get a road trip out of it. The guy up here doing conversion built fishing boats for Bristol Bay for 30 years, now does vans and says it fits well, that carpenters go nuts on van conversions but far easier for boat builders.
Thanks
Getting a closer with Hennessy
Only 600 miles for for us
Using local boat builders
Wii send floor plan of what we want
Interested.what you think
What?? You didn't "Go See Kal"??
😆

21 - 30 of 30 Posts