Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
I believe you can use a regular window. For example, I am putting a window in my passenger slider, but I wanted the AMA sliding window and I wanted it to open in the front. AMA confirmed I can use a driver side window in the passenger slider. So I think that could go the other way too.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,676 Posts

You could have water problems as well as wind noise if you install backward. Someone tried it a few years ago and had to remove it—not AMA specifically, but a slider.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Hi,
CRL offers these "universal" fit windows:

They have weep holes on top and bottom and can be installed on either side of the van by flipping them over.

We used them on both sides of our van:

Gary

·
Registered
375 Posts
You didn't say what kind of window but Motion Windows makes sliders for either side. Thats what I have. The screen areas are rearward on both sides. Door window space is same on 136", 159", and 159"Ext.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I know that I am reviving an older thread but for future reference:

If you want a stock type window you can simply purchase one from a local auto glass shop. You do not have to have them install it (although their prices are usually reasonable). I cut the hole and installed a passenger side window and the cost at a local glass installer was 130.00 USD for just the window. I did ask about a drivers side and it was also available but I chose not to put one in (it was not a slider but I am sure they could have gotten me one).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts