Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Van-tred is good but the next level of floor won't like the D-rings on the floor, the paneling won't like the D-rings on the walls.
So how to remove?
I'm betting I'll need at least an impact driver?
More importantly, what size is the Torx or Star bit needed?
This might be a drive to a body shop or the dealer.
Funny how one little thing stops progress in its tracks :)

·
Registered
2015 Promaster 3500 159 Ext gas silver
192 Posts
Saw some Krylon paint, but the 3/8 ratchet ordered is Tekton. It's a one time use item
for me so I hope it works. If not then off to a body shop for removal...they can at least
grind them off :)
It's been a while but it was quite an easy job with a standard 3/8" ratchet handle. Torx are commonly used so you might as well buy a set. Even the Harbor Freight sets are adequate. I sealed the holes with Water & Ice membrane.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,970 Posts
They are just bolts. No need to grind them. In fact, make careful note of their positions before you cover them, because they might come in handy. Every one of ours on the floor except the one by the slider is in use, and that one is called to action occasionally. Several of the wall ones have duties.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,970 Posts
Not gonna work. Make a template of those portions of the floor. Go underneath and check how many of them you can find. The one by the slider may work.

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
Can you thread in a pin or bolt (sharpened a bit) and lay the floor/wall material on it and walk/press to get an indent and remove the panel and drill from the impression, then install?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Another way to use those D- ring holes and clips

I am using all of these pre drilled holes for my build. Was able to find them using measurements from the edges. I have attached the floor and 2 bed rails so far. I used the existing tie downs with longer bolts. Not sure if I will keep the tie downs but for now it seems good. One might also use a hole saw and cut a larger hole and use the existing hardware and plastic cup thing. That way the bolt would be flush.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not gonna work. Make a template of those portions of the floor. Go underneath and check how many of them you can find. The one by the slider may work.
Reviving an older thread to ask why drilling up through the bolt holes in the van floor wouldn't work to locate the positions of the holes in the interior plywood subfloor? I've read through dozens of discussions about flooring and am still not certain about how one completes this task the first time without making a costly error.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,757 Posts
Put tape on the walls around the holes, using a straight edge triangulate each hole with other holes, put the marks on the tape, think board and batten used in foundation work.

or buy an 8mm bolt cut the head off and make a point on one end and step on the sheet and it will make an indentation.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I removed all of mine with scratched then used the threaded holes to bolt down the new floor. I drilled up from the bottom to mark them, then countersunk them for the flush/tapered head bolts, then drill to the correct size hole. I added a few more bolts in key locations by measuring (always twice) then drilling through both floors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts