Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase a PM for a conversion band van. I am running into problems finding a bank that will finance the PM since it is classified as a commercial vehicle... I want a personal auto loan. Can you vets out there clue me in on the best bank to get good financing on a PM as a personal vehicle? Has anyone else run into this problem? Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Are you a Credit Union member?

My credit union financed my 14 demo model as a personal loan and as a used car due to the 500 demo miles at 1.25%.
RAM warrantied it as a new vehicle. I feel like I got the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Welcome to forum. What banks? Where? I simply don't believe the PM is technically any more a "commercial" vehicle than a F250 or a Chevy Savanna van. Credit score may have a significant bearing for obtaining a loan but not body style.

·
Registered
227 Posts
my credit was not great, i financed through chrysler at 9.5%.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies!
I think I found a credit union that will work with me on this vehicle. I agree it's just a van... but Ram classified it with DMV as a "commercial vehicle" so some lenders steer away from those loans. Just took some digging, but I think I'm all set.
I may be the proud owner of a new PM 2500 high top 136"WB... lots of mods to come! :) Hopefully I will be getting to know you all much better in the months to come.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I heard the same thing when I bought mine. The dealership said I might have trouble getting financing for a commercial vehicle. My credit union navy federal didn't give me any hassle about it at all though. I told them its for personal not commercial use. As an aside, there have been tolls that charge more and they charged me when I took stuff to the city dump just because they deemed it commercial.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Also another member said he wanted to switch off his clearance lights because those lights made it a commercial vehicle in his area. But I love the clearance lights I feel much safer

·
Registered
892 Posts
I went to dealer knowing my low credit union rate and made them match it. It was easy. Always easier to let dealer do finances. Just have to negotiate rate.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found a credit union in FL that did the deal for me. I'm now the proud owner of a 2014 Ram ProMaster 2500 High Top!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I live in the Toledo,Ohio area. Both Keybank and North Central Credit Union will not give loans on 3500 high tops. Vin shows vehicle as commercial.
Can you share names of banks loaning on these?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used Space Coast Credit Union in the end. They financed the purchase of my PM 2500 Hightop from a private seller. I tried many other banks and creditors but had no luck until I called SCCU... they were awesome!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used Space Coast Credit Union (SCCU) in the end. They were the only one I could find that would finance a commercial vehicle from a private seller. Worked out great!

·
Registered
3 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted
I found a credit union in FL that did the deal for me. I'm now the proud owner of a 2014 Ram ProMaster 2500 High Top!

·
Registered
3 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted
Can you yell me tge name. I am in florida looking to buy one thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
The name of the credit bank?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts