Ram Promaster Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
During our trip in June, my wife probably thought that I was just the typical crazy old man, driving around looking for the perfect spot at rest stop at midnight, mumbling to myself, when there were 30 open spots.
It wasn't until we got home that she realized, we were out West in June and I was looking for a tree or structure that would be on our east side when the sun came up in the morning. Because it sucks being woken up by a 100* van.
Do you sit in the van all day at the races? Is it more of a tailgating kinda thing? Get there the day before?

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
When the situation allows something like this would be handy.
Odd that I can't find something similar for vans,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
During our trip in June, my wife probably thought that I was just the typical crazy old man, driving around looking for the perfect spot at rest stop at midnight, mumbling to myself, when there were 30 open spots.
It wasn't until we got home that she realized, we were out West in June and I was looking for a tree or structure that would be on our east side when the sun came up in the morning. Because it sucks being woken up by a 100* van.
Do you sit in the van all day at the races? Is it more of a tailgating kinda thing? Get there the day before?
It’s nice to have a cool van for after the race, but for the most part it is like tailgating.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
One other question is does it make a huge difference in the color of the unit? Black would look better on the van but don’t really want it absorbing a ton of heat.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Pickle; if by "unit" you mean the AC unit I don't see how the color of a running unit could matter. After all the AC is radiating its own heat well over ambient temp.

Reactions: Pickle

·
Super Moderator
9,020 Posts
I think he means the color of the van, not the AC unit (but I could be mistaken).

41 - 47 of 47 Posts