Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got slammed from behind pretty hard by a four door sedan. Destroyed my bumper and bent the factory trailer hitch. Luckily the doors and lower latch are OK.
Now the good news. Not.
Bumpers are on backorder for at least a month. Anybody else experience slow delivery of body parts?
I have gotten so used to the parking sensors and they are just dangling now.
My new (only 3 months old) van looks awful with a torn and smashed back end.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No distracted driver, Old woman got her sandal stuck under the pedals.
Frame looks to be ok, no buckles or anything, it may need some aligning but as my buddy who owns the body shop says: It may come out straighter than when it left the factory.
I'm just bummed that it takes so long to get a new bumper. Any cool aftermarket ones?

·
Registered
754 Posts
The factory hitch replaces the inner impact absorber assembly - anyone who buys the hitch from a Dodge dealer and installs it has the steel bracket/bar left over...

How about just buying the Factory Hitch and kill two birds with one throw?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The factory hitch replaces the inner impact absorber assembly - anyone who buys the hitch from a Dodge dealer and installs it has the steel bracket/bar left over...

How about just buying the Factory Hitch and kill two birds with one throw?
It was a factory hitch already. Still needs a bumper assembly, brackets, inner and outer. wiring harness for 7 pin trailer plug and parking sensor harness sliced in two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts