Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
The modern penchant for thick mattresses is overkill. Our van mattress is 4” and quite comfortable, as is the 6” mattress at home.
I put a 6" thick mattress from American Mattress Company in our van, and have been VERY happy with it. 100% American made, and comes in Short Queen size, which fit my build perfectly (they will also custom make any size at no extra cost. LINKY

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sorry for delayed responses. I'm putting in full size bed. My dad is flying in next week and we are taking van on its first roadtrip. Working like crazy to make it a bit more comfortable. It won't be done of course. Decided to use metal plates to drop down a temporary bed to see how it'll work. I'll post pictures later.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Good Job & innovation with the hanging straps (let us know how they work out)👍

We used our van before it was finished (are they ever finished 🤔). I think that using a partially completed van is one of the best thing one can do to assist in the design process (Especially for us who have zero adult RV experience).

Have Fun on your trip. Let us know if you have any epiphanies on your van design from some road experience.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts