Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all. i have a 2018 promaster with a 136" wheel base and a high roof that i have converted into a basecamp of sorts for my art/blogging business. recently i was cruising through the narrow streets of brooklyn and ended up clipping something with my passenger side mirror. the whole thing closed and the main piece of mirror fell out. i pulled over to take a look and the round connector piece adhered to the back of the glass is intact so i clipped it back in. the mirror itself is cracked so i was hoping to get some advice on how to repair this issue as cheaply as possible. i am grateful for any all all support! thank you!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i appreciate your respsonse thank you!! i was thinking that would be my best option, i am worried about the actual process of replacement though, i am not sure what i will need to remove the broken piece and to install the new one permanently. do you have experience doing this? perhaps you could share some pointers with me?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I’ve done it - super easy. The mirror just clips in place in the center. Just need to plug in the tiny leads for the heat if you have them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’ve done it - super easy. The mirror just clips in place in the center. Just need to plug in the tiny leads for the heat if you have them.
Could you please guide me towards a replacement glass. I have a cracked extended mirror on my 2018 cargo. TIA

·
Registered
23 Posts
Go to a dealer, or google "promaster mirror glass" and order online. I've even seen them on Amazon.
Dealer haha! Just called them. They want around $400 USD for the whole mirror assembly and this doesn't include installation. This feels like highway robbery. Especially knowing that the upper lens needs to be removed in order to replace the blinker housing or the bulb. I tried to follow an online video tutorial on how to remove the lens, but it was holding in well and cracked like a potato chip
Googling for it got me confused. Since there are so many options. That's why I asked if someone has a direct link

·
Registered
23 Posts
hello all. i have a 2018 promaster with a 136" wheel base and a high roof that i have converted into a basecamp of sorts for my art/blogging business. recently i was cruising through the narrow streets of brooklyn and ended up clipping something with my passenger side mirror. the whole thing closed and the main piece of mirror fell out. i pulled over to take a look and the round connector piece adhered to the back of the glass is intact so i clipped it back in. the mirror itself is cracked so i was hoping to get some advice on how to repair this issue as cheaply as possible. i am grateful for any all all support! thank you!!!
Did you end up finding a replacement lens? If so, where?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Dealer haha! Just called them. They want around $400 USD for the whole mirror assembly and this doesn't include installation. This feels like highway robbery.
That is highway robbery, but not surprized. Have you tried local auto-glass shops? They can probably source just the mirror itself and even do the installation if you are hesitant.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That is highway robbery, but not surprized. Have you tried local auto-glass shops? They can probably source just the mirror itself and even do the installation if you are hesitant.
I called couple shops, but as of yet no luck.
In addition it is heated so I'm not sure they would be able to help

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,556 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts