Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to protect the floor of my van. I hauling produce most of the time and many times is bins of watermelons. Anyone have a suggestion for what I can use. My van did not come with the wood floor. I was thinking about using all weather carpeting and then place plywood on top of that and then get heavy duty cargo holds and straps. The pallets might need to slide so I can fit three in the cargo hold.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I really want to protect the floor of my van. I hauling produce most of the time and many times is bins of watermelons. Anyone have a suggestion for what I can use. My van did not come with the wood floor. I was thinking about using all weather carpeting and then place plywood on top of that and then get heavy duty cargo holds and straps. The pallets might need to slide so I can fit three in the cargo hold.
Good thing you didn't go with the factory wood floor, it's crap.

Legend Floor makes some good floors but they are pricy, I have one and it is very nice. You can also install the same floor as I have if you know how to make a templet and font the HDPE (High Density Poly Ethylene) material. I have 1/2" in my PM but if i was to install it myself and had the time I would use 3/4" and you can find that from a local plastics suppler. If you are unsure on how to make a templet just google it, it's not hard. HDPE expands like crazy when exposed to heat so if you use black leave some room for that if your doors are left open in the sun for an extended period of time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the factory wood floor and it works just fine. I haul pallets that carry anything and everything from 200lbs to 2500lbs. The bottom line is no matter what you have it will get damaged by poor pallets with nails sticking out etc... I use epoxy to repair the deep gouges.

·
Registered
886 Posts
In the days before all these aftermarket products, we always lined pickup truck beds with heavy plywood. It worked great for years on lots of trucks I owned.

3/4" is what I plan to use. 1" plywood if you want to lag brackets for D-rings to tie down cargo.

Just be aware, cargo tends to slide on wood floors. When you need cargo to stay put, laydown a rubber mat.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I used plywood (cheap to replace) .
Screwed it right through the metal floor with metal self tappers and
sealed the bottom of the screws with spray under coating (keep an eye out
for the brake lines and spare tire).

When and if it needed to be replaced, use the old ones for a template.
I layed them out side ways with the factory edges facing each other and the cuts at
the back and front (no ridge).

·
Registered
114 Posts
I did exactly the same thing. I used 3/4 birch plywood and fastened it right to the floor with stainless steel self tapping screws. Looks great!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good thing you didn't go with the factory wood floor, it's crap.
I'd have to disagree. I have the factory wood floor. First off, it's not wood. I don't even know why they call it that. I've dropped some pretty heavy things on it and it as well as transported a Mopar 426hemi and transmission on it. Got some surface scratches, but thats all. And it definitely does not hold any water. I can't see how this floor wouldn't hold up to just about anything.

Ranger makes floors for the PM as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
As mentioned here at LEGEND we have the perfect floor for your situation. As miked mentioned, the floor is HDPE, but if you grab standard HDPE from a plastics supplier, it is about the most slippery material on the market. Our products has a specialized surface treatment that includes a top pattern, but also a proprietary material spec to increase anti-slip. What needs to be kept in mind is that our flooring products come completely precut and ready to go, saving hours of time cutting plywood by hand. Many of you are extremely skilled tradesmen, so that wouldn't necessarily be difficult for you, but it would still take time, which is money. Looking at a raw material cost, our products will not compete, but looking at the finished product, great looks, and easy fit makes it far more than worthwhile as the professionalism of a Legend kit makes a great impression every time you open your doors.

If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call.

Kyle Carpani
Legend Fleet Solutions
866-223-2256

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As mentioned here at LEGEND we have the perfect floor for your situation. As miked mentioned, the floor is HDPE, but if you grab standard HDPE from a plastics supplier, it is about the most slippery material on the market. Our products has a specialized surface treatment that includes a top pattern, but also a proprietary material spec to increase anti-slip. What needs to be kept in mind is that our flooring products come completely precut and ready to go, saving hours of time cutting plywood by hand. Many of you are extremely skilled tradesmen, so that wouldn't necessarily be difficult for you, but it would still take time, which is money. Looking at a raw material cost, our products will not compete, but looking at the finished product, great looks, and easy fit makes it far more than worthwhile as the professionalism of a Legend kit makes a great impression every time you open your doors.

If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call.

Kyle Carpani
Legend Fleet Solutions
866-223-2256
Where can I purchase one of these or see them. I am in New Bruanfels tx

·
Registered
48 Posts
Axton Fleet offer our products. They are located in San Antonio TX, seems to be about 1/2hr from you. THeir phone number is (210) 637-7400, feel free to contact them.

My phone number is 866-223-2256 if you have any problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Do Legend and Axton Fleet plan on providing interiors for the new Ford Transit 2015 vans?

Thanks,

Peter

http://www.fordtransitusaforum.com/interior/3450-long-walls.html#post44610
We do already have a Complete Kit for the 148 Mid/High Roof vehicle, we are hoping to finalize the 148X and the 130 in the next few weeks.

Axton has access to our line in San Antonio (contact info earlier in post), and then there are Commercial Van Interiors in Houston and Dallas. Let me know if you need further info on either of these.

Regards,

Kyle Carpani
866-223-2256

1 - 12 of 12 Posts