Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my promaster 136 new in 2018 with the intention of converting it and do some traveling. As my handle implies, I'm an old dude and shortly after I bought it my age caught up with me so for the last 2 years it has basically sit in my driveway. I drive it once or twice a week to the store or doctor so while it sits idle I'm making loan and insurance payments. I've decided to sell it. Any advice on about what I should ask for it? It's a 2018 2500 136", high top, gas, with most of the bells and whistles including L and R side doors and rubber floor, the kicker is it has less than 1,500 (that's 100, not 1,000) miles on it. I would like to get a Jeep that I can drive on the beach, should I consider a trade or would it be better to keep the transactions separate?

·
Registered
140 Posts
You get the most money back with private sale compare to trade in value. Try KBB, you should able to get a private sale value. Depends on where you are located, it shouldn't be a problem selling it with those mileage and warranty.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I imagine it should be pretty easy to get a good deal on it if it's clean and well taken care of. The low mileage obviously helps.

Tons of people looking for a promaster to turn into a camper van, especially now. People are wanting to do RV vacations right now because of the... you know...

So a DIY-er who wants to start RVing would definitely be interested in promaster van life.

I can't give you a number you should price it at. Like @Uvan , I also use KBB to know what I should sell a vehicle for, and I would also do a private sale. You'll get more money on a private sale because when selling or trading in to a dealer they want to make a profit, so you won't get profit if there's any to be had--you'll be paying the dealer a portion of the profit they would want when they eventually sell your van to someone used. I have never had trouble on craigslist, but there are other classifieds and things like that. You can also post your van for sale here on the promaster forum: Promaster Vehicle Sales

Good luck @Old Dude ! And I'm sorry things didn't turn out as you originally planned, but there is always something new on the horizon. I hope you are able to get that beach jeep and have some fun! :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sorry to hear that your adventures have taken a different direction. I've seen at least one post of someone who's looking for a PM, so I think you'll get some response once you post your van on the ProMaster Vehicle Sales forum.

Take care, and happy trails!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts