Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barring the intervention of compassionate human beings sensitive to our situation and capable of offering a reasonable resolution we're about to enter the NCDS (National Center for Dispute Settlement). Anyone have experience with the process? Care to offer advice, advise, tips, or thoughts on what to expect? Much appreciated. We are still hopeful that sensible minds will prevail and the suffering of this situation will soon end. Probably not, but dream we will.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
D-Day is Thursday. Prepared to be disappointed.
Meanwhile, our van is back in the shop for yet another transmission fault. The P0944 code : Hydraulic pressure unit - Loss of pressure Round 2. Ding.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Good gravy! You’ve had a slew of problems with your diesel. Do you think some of the issues were caused by questionable repairs performed by the dealer? Anyway, fingers crossed that FCA does the right thing.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Certainly fingers can pointed at all parties, but FCA wears the crown. We’ll deal with the others soon enough

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Baxsie. Tried them as well. Went direct message. Got crickets. I think once you've reached the moment of arbitration all communication ceases. Note to all, if you are ever in this situation (and in a state that allows it) record everything. Promises made over the phone but not backed in action or writing are as good as nothing. Lessons.

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
431 Posts
Thanks Baxsie. Tried them as well. Went direct message. Got crickets. I think once you've reached the moment of arbitration all communication ceases. Note to all, if you are ever in this situation (and in a state that allows it) record everything. Promises made over the phone but not backed in action or writing are as good as nothing. Lessons.
As I have recommended in several posts on this forumn....buy a Promaster, before you sign the paperwork, consult a lemon law attorney. They will advise you how you can protect your rights.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all! As an aside it turns out that should you reach the point of arbitration, where you live informs the level of FCA involvement. Existing here in Idaho means FCA will only be represented by a single document, the Manufacturer Response Form. No rebuttal, no cross exam, no nada. While this doesn’t give me any more hope of success (see: arbitration paid for by manufacturer) it does take a bit of the pressure off. So there’s that.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, glad that is over. Now we wait and expect what’s coming, nothing. It’s been an interesting at least.

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
431 Posts
Thanks for he update. I am just inches away from going that route myself. @RamCares is a misnomer.
Can you give us some insight into the meeting and what what involved? Did you have legal representation?

I understand you may want to remain silent until resolved.

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
431 Posts
As I have recommended in several posts on this forumn....buy a Promaster, before you sign the paperwork, consult a lemon law attorney. They will advise you how you can protect your rights.
I need to qualify that advice; you need to be ina state with a lemon law and you only have so long to claim redress under the applicable state law. Nonetheless, document everything and as soon as the law provides, let the attorney take it from that point.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can you give us some insight into the meeting and what what involved? Did you have legal representation?

I understand you may want to remain silent until resolved.
I don’t mind, it’s good info. We did not secure legal representation but did consult with a few attorney friends on tactics, strategy, whether we had a case, and the like. Prior to the meeting itself both parties present all documentation in support of their claim. For us that was; all repair orders, copies of email communication between involved parties, a timeline of events, a written event dialogue and a summary of sought resolution. We tried to lay bare, as concise as possible, the ridiculousness of what we have(are) endured(ing). Corporate provided the Manufacturers Response form in which was listed all repairs to the vehicle, minus context. Being as FCA does not have a regional representative here in Idaho the oral proceeding consisted of myself, my wife and the arbitrator. No cross. No rebuttal. Simple. We presented our story, he asked questions, and we were done. We were told to expect a response in 5-10 days but no longer than 40. 160, and counting, of the last 365 days in the shop for a one hour arbitration. Gotta love efficiency

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Turns out even a neutral(ish) third party arbitrator would agree that our transmission is bunk. We won! Now what?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts