Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the navigation on the promaster the same as the tomtom portable units? I really like my portable tomtom, but I hate thewires, mounting and possible having it stolen. I would like to get the factory Nav, but sometimes aftermarket things are way better.

Does the factory Nav give you the time of your arrival at your destination? My wifes Nav in her Pilot only gives you a remaining minutes left until you reach your destination....to much math involved.

Factory Nav (Yay or Nay)!

Patrick

·
Registered
625 Posts
Whether its the same as the portable TomTom units, no clue. But you'll probably find that most folks would recommend to NOT get it, and stick with a portable unit.

The built-in nav was one of only a few options that we specifically did not get for BoB. We find that our 5-6 year old Garmin portable still works better than most new in-dash systems that I've tried.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
It has an update cost after a year I believe. I mounted my Tom Tom lifetime maps portable in the dash in the clipboard holder, threaded the wire down to the cupholder and wired a cigarette litter socket to the one in the dash so the unit is on with the ignition, stays on the dash permanently and it has not been stolen in the 4 years I have had it. 2 in the PM and 2 in the F150. I bought it on eBay NOS and it cost about $60 then. What fool would steal it? Relax. BTW I pulled the radio to unhitch the clipboard at the time I installed it.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Saved my Asp as usual. When I left you I turned right (East) thinking I would turn on the GPS and find a “new” way home. When it finally got satellites it wanted me to turn back so I finally retraced my path and went the way I came in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts