Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,435 Posts
I 100% agree!

All National Parks should offer free admittance to everyone whenever they are open. I'm not suggesting free camping but hey, the National Parks are owned by all of us and the entrance fees they typically charge are totally outrageous (and I have a Senior Pass).

Massachusetts is always way ahead of the country when it comes to social and civil rights. The manufacturers only reason for opposing this law is so they can force you to pay their exorbitant charges and fees by insuring they are the only ones that can repair your vehicle.

Please keep in mind that political & religious posts are not allowed on the forum (and will be immediately deleted) so please keep your responses, if any, on the subject matter rather than singling out or attacking any politician or political party or business in particular.

Here’s a link to the MA proposal

·
Registered
503 Posts
I 100% agree!

All National Parks should offer free admittance to everyone whenever they are open. I'm not suggesting free camping but hey, the National Parks are owned by all of us and the entrance fees they typically charge are totally outrageous (and I have a Senior Pass).]
Most parks are around $30 and this gives you access for seven days.

I don't understand how that is outrageous?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I disagree with the "it should be free" - the parks are already overloaded, and too many of the current pool of visitors have no respect for the park as it is. Imagine what happens when the parks are no additional fee, and all the "where kin ahy go 2 get loud, drunk, and stupid(er)" types descend upon the parks. There would be no room for camping, no room to move, no peace and quiet. The parks would have to go to a lottery system just to keep the crowds manageable, and then people would complain about that.
The usage fees for the parks are high, but are no where near enough to offset the cost of undoing the damage done by the moronic population.
Then there is the question of non-US residents: arguably they are NOT "paying for this with their taxes", so should they be charged at the gate? Or do we accept the free rider problem as the solutions are "too difficult" to implement?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
When wolves were hunted to near extinction in N American, the elk population got out of control. They destroyed the environment and ecosystem. When wolves were reintroduced and their population rebounded, elk numbers lowered, stabilized and the environment/ecosystem rebounded and thrived.
The root of every problem we have is our population is out of control, we have no natural predator and we are destroying everything in our path.
If you look at satellite views of the earth, the heavily populated areas look exactly like a gray, metastasizing cancer.
We need a predator to stabilize the population.
I'm thinking T-Rex. Maybe some velociraptors too.

·
Super Moderator
7,435 Posts
Well, you are entitled to your opinion and although I strenuously disagree with you on this subject for many reasons, political discussions are not allowed on the forum so I will have no more to say on the subject. Now, if we should run into each other on the road that is another matter altogether and I will be more than happy to debate the subject with you or anyone else
I disagree with the "it should be free" - the parks are already overloaded, and too many of the current pool of visitors have no respect for the park as it is. Imagine what happens when the parks are no additional fee, and all the "where kin ahy go 2 get loud, drunk, and stupid(er)" types descend upon the parks. There would be no room for camping, no room to move, no peace and quiet. The parks would have to go to a lottery system just to keep the crowds manageable, and then people would complain about that.
The usage fees for the parks are high, but are no where near enough to offset the cost of undoing the damage done by the moronic population.
Then there is the question of non-US residents: arguably they are NOT "paying for this with their taxes", so should they be charged at the gate? Or do we accept the free rider problem as the solutions are "too difficult" to implement?
.😏

1 - 11 of 11 Posts