Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Picked up our new ProMaster yesterday.

It was off the lot, so had some options I'm not familiar with and have not been able to find out any info on:

Upfit Interface Connectors $35
I've searched here on on Google and the RAM website and have found nothing that explains what this is or how to use it.

I'm thinking it might be helpful as we are converting the PM to an RV, and this sounds like it might be useful?
Any idea what this is? Where the connectors are? For what purpose?

Block Heater $90
We usually get one of these as it gets really cold here (MT), so I know what this is, but I've not been able to find any kind of plug from the block heater that one would plug into an extension cord. Usually its right up at the front grill and is just a regular 120VAC plug that goes to an extension cord.
I've looked pretty hard but no luck finding the cord.

Anyone have one of these, or know where the plug is?

This is the gas engine (not the diesel).
Its a 136WB, 1500, hi roof.

Thanks -- Gary

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Hi,
Picked up our new ProMaster yesterday.

It was off the lot, so had some options I'm not familiar with and have not been able to find out any info on:

Upfit Interface Connectors $35
I've searched here on on Google and the RAM website and have found nothing that explains what this is or how to use it.

I'm thinking it might be helpful as we are converting the PM to an RV, and this sounds like it might be useful?
Any idea what this is? Where the connectors are? For what purpose?

Block Heater $90
We usually get one of these as it gets really cold here (MT), so I know what this is, but I've not been able to find any kind of plug from the block heater that one would plug into an extension cord. Usually its right up at the front grill and is just a regular 120VAC plug that goes to an extension cord.
I've looked pretty hard but no luck finding the cord.

Anyone have one of these, or know where the plug is?

This is the gas engine (not the diesel).
Its a 136WB, 1500, hi roof.

Thanks -- Gary
Keep looking, Gary, you should find an electric 120V wire on the driver side. If you don't find in 2 days, I"ll take a picture of mine. ;)

By the way, a block heater is a good idea, I read that the motor will refuse to start if temperature is below -22F.

In Canada, the block heater is standard, but I don't know if we can say we are lucky ;)

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow -- both problems solved in 2 hours flat!

This forum is going to be a great resource.

Found the block heater plug in about 5 min more of searching -- helps to know its really there :)

Thanks to both of you.

Gary

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Wow -- both problems solved in 2 hours flat!

This forum is going to be a great resource.

Found the block heater plug in about 5 min more of searching -- helps to know its really there :)

Thanks to both of you.

Gary
Not easy to find, hey? Next time, do what I do when I can't find something: ask the wife :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts