Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am beginning to plan the flatbed for my new PM 2500 chassis cab. Can anyone tell me the purpose of the bracket in the attached picture? I looked at RamBodyBuilder.com and didn't find anything there. Does the van frame include this bracket? (There is one on each side of the vehicle.)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,659 Posts
I would think a jacking point or maybe another place to mount a body to the frame. I think I have two jacking points on each side of my van so it's probably just another mount point.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would think a jacking point or maybe another place to mount a body to the frame.
I just looked in my manual and the jack point is in the front of the leaf spring mount, so this bracket is apparently not for a jack. It may be for mounting the body though. I need to peek under a PM van to see if the vans have the same bracket.

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
I have it on my 136” HT and it seems to serve no purpose once the van is built. The bottom area near the hole has no sound deading rough material on it like it was used in a fixture on the assembly line. I’d defer to GapRunr’s guess. You won’t need or use it probably.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, GapRunr and RD, you are right. It is used in the assembly line. I remembered that MJAB posted a couple of videos of the manufacturing process a while ago, and I looked at them again and found the bracket in use. Thanks.

In any case, it looks like a good attachment point for diagonal braces for the edge of a flatbed, so I'll probably use them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts