Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
promaster 3.6 workshop van, white with companie logo, mags, fog, aded big sound system, auxilliary battery, air compressor, generator-welder, toolbox, many parts ... led interior lighting. landirenzo propane conversion with 225 litre propane tank ( +1000 km on one tank >:D )

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
conversion

this is an italian kit, sefi propane injectioin, tank is in cargo area rear of the seats, it had a ecu to disable stock injectors and drive propane injectors.

with a tankfull of propane, i drive between 800 to 1100 km on one fill

i put some pictures in few days

no difference in power on propane or gaz

Yvan

·
Super Moderator
10,689 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't think you are missing anything. 84,200 btu per gallon propane vs 112,116 btu per gallon unleaded. Thats about 25% less energy in propane. If we average 16 mpg in our gasser we'd expect about 12 mpg on propane under the same conditions.

Higher octane of 104 or so in propane so you could boost the performance and mpg a bit by raising the compression ratio. Honda does this in their Civic GX which is natural gas. You don't make the best use of the fuel type unless you redesign the engine to take advantage of the higher octane.

Lex

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
propane

0.18$ / litre
last tank 195 liter for 865 km
22.5 l / 100 km on propane ... yesssssss
20-22 on gaz ... yess y tooo.

weight of the van 8200 lbs, cold climat, winter tires, cold start .... mmmm i think it is great on propane :)

195 X 0.18 = 36$ for 865 km

oops 36$ canadian :)

Yvan

·
Super Moderator
10,689 Posts
As I said propane is a lot cheaper in Canada but it doesn't seem to be worth the expense or bother in the US. 50¢ a US gallon for propane in Canada vs $3 a US gallon for propane in the US is a huge difference when regular gas can be had for about $2.20 gallon or even less in the US.

You are fortunate to be able to do it with a price differential like that!

When I can go to any filling station in the US and buy propane for 60¢ a gallon I'll be the first one to convert ;) I must admit there are many times I wish I was a Canadian - every time I go to Quebec, for example!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts