Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im about to buy my 136" high roof with dual sliders.
I plan on using it for work and as a family vehicle. I want a crew van style setup, with a second row of seats. (Either a sprinter bench or 2 captain chairs.) Behind those seats I would like to keep my tools and equipment.
If anyone has any input I would love to hear it.
I would like to:
1-Put up a partition (bulkhead) behind the 2nd row of seats. Preferably right after the door opening. I think that the Ranger aluminum partition with the sliding door can work in the aft location, if I mod it slightly. I would prob need to add a piece of aluminum at the top. I also am considering fabricating one myself out of steel and plywood. If anyone has any input I would really like to know.
2- Install a sunroof in the rear "work" area for light and ventilation. I am not sure if i want a power one or a pop up one.
3- Put in led lighting. I need the work area to be really really bright. Any suggestions on brands? Where to buy?
4- Put down a 3/4 plywood floor. Any tricks to get the cutouts right the first time ;-)
5- Cover the inside walls, floor, and roof (headliner) with carpet
6- Build shelves for tools and with plastic bins for the many small parts I carry with me. prob out of plywood.
7- I am still trying to figure out a solution for heat and AC in the back work area. I havent found anything that seems reliable a sufficient yet, at an affordable price.
I respectfully ask all the esteemed members of the forum for their advice, and/or opinions. Although I am a chronic "Modder" I have never taken on this type of project.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Check out the sprinter forum, seems to be the biggest online resource for info regarding van camper builds. Lots of related info.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Good luck! Yield no mercy at the dealership! Got mine Tuesday and I'm lovin' it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just a suggestion, you can use our interior package if it works for you, and it will offer a finished interior look. The white liner also makes a major difference in keeping the interior bright and workable. It is also easy to clean.

You can check the products out at www.legendfleet.com and see what you think.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I can offer a couple of tips:

1. Chrysler pays $1000 to an upfitter if you are going to use your van commercially, which you are. That should pay for a floor at least, or a sunroof.

2. From my limited experience, the HVAC in the PM has more than enough stones to heat or cool the entire box. Even moreso if you have any kind of paneling or insulation on the walls or roof. I might think about some kind of front/rear ducting (dryer hose) tied into the switchable dash vents. Crazyier things have worked!

Kip-on-Truckin'

·
Super Moderator
9,029 Posts
Ive found just the opposite on my long/tall. The AC cools the front fine and that's it - forget about the back and my van is insulated.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I can offer a couple of tips:

1. Chrysler pays $1000 to an upfitter if you are going to use your van commercially, which you are. That should pay for a floor at least, or a sunroof.

2. From my limited experience, the HVAC in the PM has more than enough stones to heat or cool the entire box. Even moreso if you have any kind of paneling or insulation on the walls or roof. I might think about some kind of front/rear ducting (dryer hose) tied into the switchable dash vents. Crazyier things have worked!

Kip-on-Truckin'
I was thinking to do something with a duct like that, Glad to know th AC is adequate. Also, I am looking to find an upfitter near me that will install the partition and seats. That way it will be covered by Ram. Thanks!:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts