Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many months researching PM's, Transits and MB's and then test driving all of them, the PM 118" diesel was for me. To make a short story long, sorry, I mean long story short, my wife and I found a PM in Phoenix, Az. We decided to fly out and pick it up and take a few days to drive it back to San Diego via Sedona and then the Grand Canyon. The dealer picked us up at the airport, we signed on the dotted line and we were off!!
The drive to Sedona was great. Stayed the night, had a great dinner and a few cadillac Margaritas. Everything was great! Next day off to the Grand canyon. Then all H--l broke loose. My dash board lit up like a christmas tree. Wont get in to details but basically the Turbo was failing! The closest authorized PM dealership was in Kingman Arizona. Three and half hours later, no grand canyon, we arrived at Swanty's. By the way these guys were great! The Mechanic had taken off early on Friday and would not be there till the following Monday. So got a rental from the dealer and headed 30 minutes to Laughlin Nevada to hook up with a old surf buddy to gamble, drink and try to have some fun.
It took four weeks to get the Turbo and install it. For those of you that might be wondering, I did not hang in the desert for a month! Got a one way rental back to SD.
During the four weeks of down time, I dealt with a case manager from FCA who was very easy to deal with. They made it worth my while to work with them. You get a lot with honey instead of vinegar! Basically for the inconvenience of down time, I received about $6000.00 worth of perks.
Finally i received a call from the Swanty's mechanic, the PM was ready. Flew out to Las Vegas, got a ride to the dealership and I was back on my way.
I have driven 3500 miles with no issues!!! Luv this van!!!
Now for the fun stuff. My Build!
IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_2022.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2016.jpg

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! What type of seats are those? Are they removable? How do you mount them?
The company that makes and installed the seats is CVC&More Inc. in Stanton Ca. CVC stands for Commuter Van Conversions.
The seats are a synthetic leather and are easy to clean. They recline but do not go all the way forward. Super comfortable!! You can remove them, but it is not a quick release. I do not plan on taking them out.
The Dometic 2.5gal portable toilet is also there to stay. The toilet is screwed to the floor with a 1/2" piece of CorRigid waffle core plastic sandwiched between for moisture protection. It has a easy a quick release that works awesome. I put the toilet and seats in first so I could could configure how much room was left for the bed and cabinets.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The surf started coming up and did not get much done on the van this week! Come to think about it, not much gets done at all when the surf fires:) Any way managed to put in coaxial front speakers and tint the front windows.
Man, this is going to take awhile!!

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Form and function:)

More Pics. Installed CRL rear windows, a class 5 hitch and started insulation behind the factory plastic panels.
Johnny,

Looking at your first photo reminds me of the essence of what the Italian designers were shooting for; Form and function!! The PM is so totally usable in so many ways, that is for real People doing real everyday activities and sports.

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
31 Posts
Those seats look great...! What did they cost installed? How much time as well? I am hunting around for seats and will probably have to drive a fair distance to get them and have them installed. I am just curious if I should include the company you bought them from in my search etc.... thx

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As Makevx73 stated, the OE speakers are really cheap and horrible sounding. Yes, the upgrade to coaxial's are worth the $140.00 I spent on them!
The seats are another story. CVC charges $2000.00 including install for two seats! Very expensive, but worth it to me! The seats are very high end quality and I would definitely recommend them. FYI it took them less than 2 hrs to install.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
a bit of perspective.....

The OEM factory 6" speakers sell for $6.10

Haven't changed mine yet, but it's on the list!

Ed
The difference is remarkable!!!! Only replaced the two front speakers and did not change out the tweeters in the columns above the dash.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Over the last few weeks I got a few small things finished!

1. These vans do not come with vanity mirrors! Had to put them in for the Wife.
2. I needed a platform to stand on so i could put stuff in the van top carrier. Also needed to mount a 100w flexible solar panel. So I had my tooler make me a custom galvanized panel 32"x48" with a honey comb core. This panel only weights 18 lbs and supports 200 lbs with no deflection over 3'. Pretty awesome!
3. Side windows go in next week.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 61 Posts