Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Almost finished my shop on wheels. Have the floor in , 5/8th ,t/g over foam underlay so wood does not rub and squeek. Used the tie downs only to hold in place. Plus the weight of the cabinets.

Most cabinets in ( but i have moved some of the items around to suit me as i work in the truck.). Still have to add alum, edge at the doorways to save the wood edge. Plus back window logo to help from looking in from outside, but full view from inside.

Have to add LED lights to the ceiling as i miss my Lucite roof from my last truck, which kept it quite bright inside the box until dark of night

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Johnny and MJAB

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes , hate that when the Zombies show up at a job. I have to put foam pipe insulation to stop the
slight rattle from the bars. Normally my large shop saw is strapped there in front of the bars, that is
the blocking on the floor in front of the bars to hold it in place and strapped at the top

David

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Kevin

I used for the shelving approx 2 sheets of 3/4" and 1/2 sheet of 1/2" MDF, so i would say less than 200 lbs,
For the floor i used 2 1/2 sheets of 5/8ths t + g and about 1/4 sheet of 1/2" for the wheel well boxes, so maybe not even 100 lbs

Hope this helps you out

David

·
Registered
36 Posts
That looks very nice. I actually picked up all of my plywood today to build just that. I'll actually be borrowing some of your ideas (thank you in advance!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts