Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I would like to share with you my shelving unit that I built for my 159" high roof promaster. I built everything in my shop and installed after everything was assembled. The units are build with 3/4" MDO plywood and I put 3/4 x 7/8 poplar to cover the plywood edge. The doors are built with 3/4"sapele mahogany and cover the edge with a 1/4 thick x 3/4 solid mahogany, I'm not a big fan of edge banding, I also installed door bumpers so I can put plywood or sheetrock against the doors and take them to the job site. The units have adjustable shelves and are attached to the ribs of the van with 4 (each unit) 5" L brackets as you will see in the pictures. The brackets were screwed to the van with metal screws and attached to the units with 5/16" x 2" long bolts and nuts. The doors have a couple of coats of water base poly. Hope you like it!!! Thanks for taking the time to look!!
Gaston.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Dwight!! I bought and installed the panels myself. They are the PendaForm panels that come already cut to fit. There is some drilling required. I'm not sure about them yet, they are very nice and they feel heavy duty but the plastic pins that come with the kit to hold it in place sometimes they pop out when it's too hot or the panels warp a bit as well on very hot days. I installed them about a month ago so I can't really say much about them. Thanks!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
You may not like edge banding but, dude, the results look VERY nice. I wouldn't mind having something like that in my home. I like the way the bottom is tapered and open, but still holds the vac and boxes in place; smart design. Good, fast job!

Now show us how to cut that middle seat outta there. Would probably have to edge-band that too. :laugh:

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,511 Posts
Gaston,

Your work looks way too organized for me! Great job, and it looks like you really thought about the configuration based on your needs!

I have the same van, same color, also in CT, in Fairfield County....got it last August from Vermont... impossible to find the Graphite color in CT back then.... are you nearby?

My interior is coming along slowly, as in "retirement mode"... more for relaxing than working! More info at my website linked in my signature below.

Enjoy,
Ed

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice. How did you attach to sides or floor or ceiling. Planning on floor of 3/4 horse mats and 1/2 ply but not sure if cabinets attach to side and sit on top of floor or must be bolted somehow to metal floor (I see some are bolting ply to existing floor rings and then attaching stuff to ply floor.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi outdoorvanman, I only attached the cabinets to the side of the van there is 4- 5" L brackets on each unit. You can see on pictures number 6 and 7 on picture 6 you can see one of the L brackets on the inside of the cabinet and on picture 7 you can see the heads of the bolts that go thru the cabinet and the L bracket. I did not attache anything to the floor or ceiling, only walls. Let me know if this helps. Thanks!!
Gaston.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts