Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’d love to have a half-height wet bath stall, but realistically I can’t afford all that at the moment. My backup plan is to use a garden sprayer as the foundation for my shower, and hang up a shower curtain draped over a storage tub, or maybe even a fold-up dog bath tub. Something like MsNomer’s example.

I bought 2 different Ryobi cordless/powered garden sprayers for this. It may be a while before they’re ever put to use since I’m still in the earlier stages of my build, but the sprayers were on sale. Got me a 4 gallon backpack sprayer ($70) and a 2 gallon sprayer ($40) that has an extra tank.

I figured one will be a temp shower, while the other will be a temp kitchen faucet. It might make more sense to dump the bigger 4 gallon size and stick with the 2 gallon size for both the shower and sink. I just need to cut off the spray wand, and attach a sink sprayer using a barb fitting. And I like that they can be used for many other purposes. Dealing with all the pex plumbing and a real pump for my 28 gal wheel well tank will have to wait longer.

I’d like to know who else has done this and if the sprayers have held up to hot water. I am thinking they can heat up in the sun in warmer weather by covering with black plastic trash bags (to minimize UV wear), but in the colder months I would need to boil water.

Obviously I would need to keep a charged 18v battery on hand, but they’re cheap and I have plenty of them from my other cordless tools.

And I suppose that in an absolute emergency, I could use them to spray plants.

Product Automotive lighting Automotive design Font Gas

Font Machine Science Electric blue Engineering

·
Registered
2021, Promaster 159 HR 2500, Silver
364 Posts
Will you shorten the wand length? That would seem awkward to do dishes or shower with that long of a wand. But I like the idea.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have done it using a 2 gallon HF Hand Pump garden sprayer. I removed the wand and put a barbed fitting and attached a kitchen sprayer. I have used it with hot water, about 105 degrees for showers and maybe 115-120 degrees for dishwashing.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire White Vehicle Automotive design
Motor vehicle Automotive tire White Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Will you shorten the wand length? That would seem awkward to do dishes or shower with that long of a wand. But I like the idea.
The hose will be snipped off about an inch before the wand. From there you can use a barb fitting to attach the tank sprayer hose to a sink sprayer’s hose (like the example that tgblake just posted).

I’m planning to go one step beyond that though, and use quick disconnects. That way I can just drill a hole in my countertop in the diameter of the quick disconnect to allow the length of the hose, along with the tank sprayer, to hide in the cabinets underneath.

When I need to move the setup for a shower (inside or outside of the van), I’ll be able to undo the quick disconnect and move everything easily.

I’ll be using a quick disconnect that has an o-ring gasket to prevent leaks. Actually I’ll be harvesting that from my Ryobi EZClean, and then upgrading the EZClean to brass quick disconnects since that’s for outside use where any potential leak shouldn’t matter.

BTW, for anyone not familiar with the EZClean, it’s a cordless battery-operated pressure washer. It’s special feature is that you can supply water to it from a source like a body of water, or simply a bucket. I plan to carry it in my van to keep the roof and solar panels clean. A bucket of water goes a long ways using this tool.

Automotive tire Asphalt Camera lens Road surface Gas

Something like this would work too. Just need the appropriate barb fittings to attach them to the hoses.

Light Product Line Font Household hardware

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have done it using a 2 gallon HF Hand Pump garden sprayer. I removed the wand and put a barbed fitting and attached a kitchen sprayer. I have used it with hot water, about 105 degrees for showers and maybe 115-120 degrees for dishwashing.

View attachment 88256 View attachment 88256
Thanks for sharing your experience, as well as the pics!

How has your setup held up long term? Any dislikes about it? I’m going with powered sprayer because I’ve spent a few years now dealing with the pump sprayers for use in my garden and I’m sick of manual pumping lol. The downside is I need to keep batteries charged, but the power use is very low. But backup is a $10 fountain pump (110v) that I’ll be using to siphon water from my 28 gal tank until I can afford a proper setup later on.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience , as well as the pics!

How has your setup held up long term? Any dislikes about it? I’m going with powered sprayer because I’ve spent a few years now dealing with the pump sprayers for use in my garden and I’m sick of manual pumping lol. The downside I need to keep batteries charged. But backup is a $10 fountain pump (110v) that I’ll be using to siphon water from my 28 gal tank.
I haven't used it a lot so can't say how it will hold up long term. But so far no problems. The specs for the sprayer says not designed for warm fluids but for $10, I thought I'd give it a try. After about 20 uses, I am satisfied with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts