Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I roughly have had the LOW ROOF 136 wb, version for about a month and a half now, I bought it for personal use. I took it for a drive from The Bay Area in California down to Los Angeles with some other various destinations and a variety of traffic conditions. I drove a total 765 miles @ 65 MPH on that trip and the vans trip computer spit out 18.8 MPG, which was about right because i bought 42 gallons of fuel. I did manage to get 26 mpg a couple of times on 40 mile trips according to the trip computer, but I never refilled the tank to see how accurate that was.
Power is very adequate, nice tight tuning radius, ABS works great ( ABS was real world tested in LA traffic)
The seating position is straight up, but not uncomfortable. I have back problems, and this is the only seat that has never given me a problem on long drives.
I'm 5'7" and can stand straight up in the cargo area, which is great, and opens up alot of possibilities on things you can do with this van.

Things I'm not too fond of about the van:
It has six cup holders, all of them in crappy positions. No locking gas panel or cap. Great gigantic front window, but no upper tint. Turn signal stack in an awkward position. No tilt steering wheel. Car alarm should come standard. Upper lights should be an option ( because I don't like them, but that's me).

It replaced my Pickup with this , and I find it much more useful for my needs (25% Hauling stuff, 25% passenger, 25% Toy hauler, 25% Camper Van). I just bought some used sprinter bench seats and now I will be able to carry and extra 3 passengers.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Thanks for the info!
How did you put the seat in? because the floor height in the front in higher.
So the passengers are sitting way lower.
As for the upper lights just use a hammer and knock them off Lol!
Me I kinda of like them.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I also noticed, from pictures, that the cup holders are in horrible locations. Not sure what made them think that would be best. The center mounted cup holders were pretty bad.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Were you driving with any cargo in the back of your Promaster? Just wondering if there was extra weight or not that would affect the MPG you got.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't mounted the sprinter seats yet, I'm still waiting for the floor mounting brackets I ordered from dodge. I'll post some pics when I install them. As far as cargo load when I did my long drive...I roughly had a 700lbs of payload, that includes my wife and me. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with it. It got better gas milage than my 02 Tundra, it's about 4" in length shorter, tons of space, but boy I didn't imagine it would look huge in my driveway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I picked up my PM 2500 159 on Christmas eve and just filled up my fourth tank yesterday and averaged 18.02 mpg, last tank was 16.9 and could not get the first tank numbers as it had a 1/4 tank when I picked it up. I do not use the computer for these calculations. I found that when you idle a lot it throws off the computer. I do it the old fashioned way miles divided by the gallons.

·
Registered
247 Posts
k1200 - Are you going to build a partition behind the seats? Will the AC be able to keep up? What was the price for the bench seat mounts from Mercedes?

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
I am thankful for your review... I too am looking to make the swap from my 13 Ram 1500 to the ProMaster for the same reasons (camp, snowboard, motorcycle hauling). Thanks as the MPG you are reporting is reassuring me this would make a good purchase.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts