Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As most of you know, I am in the market for the ProMaster full sized bad boy. Of course, I will purchase one when the redesign comes in. So in the meantime, I picked up the first PMC at my dealer as we were doing an extensive lighting retrofit for them and wanted to throw them some business back.

They can't keep these vans on the lot for long and each time I go back to check on my guys, I notice a different set of them parked out front.

So I bought a very nicely equipped base model as it met my needs. It has the Uconnect radio, tow group, partition (I really wanted that for the summer AZ a/c up front and sound deadening) and some other preferred group packages.

I ordered the roof rack via an eBay seller from the UK along with running boards which I haven't received yet. The rack is super sturdy to hold my 12' ladder when needed.

I have had the bumpers painted with a slight twist on front end styling whereas the white paint is continued under the headlight rather than the silver which goes across the entire band of the grille.

I installed a rearview safety systems camera which is on full time when I drive and turns itself off with the ignition. It is hardwired in. The camera is installed in the stock location on the back door although a little larger than the factory camera.

I installed a Ram mount for my iPhone to hold it securely while I drive.

Things on order are slush mats and splash guards. I will also install the factory driving lights to fill the voids in the front bumper. I hate voids and blanks!

Pardon the construction going on around my property. It is a mess! We are adding on an 1100 square foot garage and soon enough some concrete to park on. All 5k sq feet of it. Concrete is **** pricey around here!!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
I like that front grille paint change. Looks good!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Nice, tight set up. You would amazed how much "stuff" can be packed into to these little vans if organized correctly. Sometimes a miss my Transit Connect for the small footprint and large capacity to carry things. Curious to know, how is the handling etc.. on these?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, tight set up. You would amazed how much "stuff" can be packed into to these little vans if organized correctly. Sometimes a miss my Transit Connect for the small footprint and large capacity to carry things. Curious to know, how is the handling etc.. on these?
Surprisingly, the van handles very well. More carlike than any van I owned. The torque steer is the only killer to it being more sporty but overall, I find this van as one of the best I've owned in terms of power and handling.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Saw one today on the road. Looks good! Much better than that NV200/Chevy turd....:)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Did you order the rack from eBay as it was not available yet from Ram?
Do you have a link? How about splash guards and mats. My dealer does not have anything for the van. I am also looking for a large mat for cargo area.
We are going for the wrap rebate with our logos.
hbob

As most of you know, I am in the market for the ProMaster full sized bad boy. Of course, I will purchase one when the redesign comes in. So in the meantime, I picked up the first PMC at my dealer as we were doing an extensive lighting retrofit for them and wanted to throw them some business back.

They can't keep these vans on the lot for long and each time I go back to check on my guys, I notice a different set of them parked out front.

So I bought a very nicely equipped base model as it met my needs. It has the Uconnect radio, tow group, partition (I really wanted that for the summer AZ a/c up front and sound deadening) and some other preferred group packages.

I ordered the roof rack via an eBay seller from the UK along with running boards which I haven't received yet. The rack is super sturdy to hold my 12' ladder when needed.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I ordered the front floor mats from the dealer and do not know when they'll come in. Using plastic carpet protectors as a temporary fix. Dodge doesn't have any parts available for this van yet. I also preferred the ebay seller's roof rack as it looks better and not as clunky as the stock ones. My dealer had a wagon with the stock roof rack. It looked similar to the UK version only a little chunkier at the back of the van where it mounts to the roof. The UK is much more streamlined.
Regarding the rear, I carpeted the space after putting down a sheet of 3/8" smooth finished plywood.

Mud flaps:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371266712462?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Roof rack:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALUMINIUM-R...LWB-/191540067042?hash=item2c98ad7ae2&vxp=mtr

Roof rack cross bars:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRUSHED-ALU...-15-/201311873417?hash=item2edf1f6989&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
174 Posts
I ordered the front floor mats from the dealer and do not know when they'll come in. Using plastic carpet protectors as a temporary fix. Dodge doesn't have any parts available for this van yet. I also preferred the ebay seller's roof rack as it looks better and not as clunky as the stock ones. My dealer had a wagon with the stock roof rack. It looked similar to the UK version only a little chunkier at the back of the van where it mounts to the roof. The UK is much more streamlined.
Regarding the rear, I carpeted the space after putting down a sheet of 3/8" smooth finished plywood.

Mud flaps:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371266712462?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Roof rack:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALUMINIUM-R...LWB-/191540067042?hash=item2c98ad7ae2&vxp=mtr

Roof rack cross bars:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRUSHED-ALU...-15-/201311873417?hash=item2edf1f6989&vxp=mtr
Thank you for the links...while I was looking at flaps and rack I saw good rice on this new Promaster in Texas:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ram-Other-2...tr=true&hash=item33a05cc191&item=221733765521

hbob

·
Registered
4 Posts

Mud flaps:

Roof rack:

Roof rack cross bars:

What is the overall height with your roof rack? I'm looking to find an ultra low profile, and your's looks to fit the bill.

Roof

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I received my running boards from the UK yesterday. I love, love, love the look. This is more of a cosmetic thing for me and for practicality from minor parking lot issues, however, they are strong enough for me to actually step on them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You really are making you pmc very cool indeed.How long did it take to get your parts from the UK?

They (Autoline Accessories) had to order it from somewhere else. My guess a supplier in Turkey. Total from the day I placed the order, about a month and a half.
When Autoline Accessories received it from their supplier, it took 4 days to get it to me from England. I was amazed at that.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any pics of the back set up for an EC? I'm considering another van but a smaller one for me to commute back and forth to work with.
Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I reused my shelving from the Nissan NV200. The only issue with that was the fact the shelves were made to fit that van and not the PMC's rear wheel humps. The humps are taller in the PMC which caused the shelving to be placed more inside the van than closer to the wall. Either way, I was ok with it as I didn't want to spend another 2k in shelving. The dealer allowance only gets you a very basic open shelf. Mine were custom ordered with bins and doors [When I bought the Nissan NV] to keep everything in check and not on the floor.

I started with putting down a thin layer of plywood and mounted it using the same hold down bolts for the "D" rings that came with the van. From there, I put on thin commercial carpet and finished the edges in an aluminum trim. It looks first class.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you!
I am a perfectionist to a degree. Sometimes I hate being this way as it costs me more money to do things than it should!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thank you!
I am a perfectionist to a degree. Sometimes I hate being this way as it costs me more money to do things than it should!
I'm the same way,I want something to be as good as I can make it,that my friend is a strong work ethic,and it shows in everything you have done,(so far),as I'm sure you ain't finished just yet ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am so depressed. While going to a job through the area of Phoenix where "Cops" is filmed some jackass driving an old blazer didn't bolt their shocks. Two of the bolts came flying one by one and put large dents on the leading edge of my new van's hood. I called the highway patrol and they met me where I filled out a report and gave them a description/license of the blazer. The blazer was adorned in camo, filled with stickers, had broken windows and was bouncing all over the place. I didn't want to confront the driver as I feared for my safety and I didn't bring my firearm with me. Believe it or not, but the officer said I could have stopped the guy. I told him it wasn't worth my safety. The insurance company can't do much either unless I had the other drivers insurance info or I simply met the deductible ($1,000) if I claimed it.
So now I have to find a good body shop to fix this crap.
Thanks for listening.

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
You certainly did the right thing not confronting the guy. It is not possible to know if they are reasonable, (unlikely considering), sober, etc. and a firearm would only heighten the chances of a charge against you for threatening or of gunfire and the tragedy of the result. The police often prove useless in cases like this when they could find him (or her??), get their vehicle off the road, provide you the information you need to resolve this, and have them see their proper day in court.
Thank you for avoiding another stupid vehicular incident. AZ has a victim's advocacy program that helps claimants get reimbursement if the party goes to court. I don't know if it is active in your area but it would ask the judge to award compensation to you for their actions. IF the police got them to court!
Sorry about your experience and loss, and thanks for being the adult in this.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts