Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally at a usable state with this, now I know why conversions cost so much....it`s a ton of work! Have to finish some floor & ceiling cabinets, small storage place solutions and a hitch carrier for the M/C & it`s done. Took a lot of my designs from Outside Van.

Attachments

·
Registered
886 Posts
First class job. Love it. Tell us more about the wall covering. I might need to switch up my plans and copy you. I'll bet that wall covering is killer at sound deadening.

It even looks like you glued the fabric to some metal. Column between the panels?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wall covering fabric is called Interweave. It`s glued to sanded 1/2" ply for the walls & 1/4" on the ceiling. Pretty inexpensive, $12.50 yd. and comes in a lot of colors. Order samples if you go with it because the online color is way different than what it really is. For the covering on the posts I made a template of it and cut 1/4" ply to the size and sanded the edges round. Then screwed & glued it to the column. It still was not quite right so I finished the round transition with body filler & you can finish it with a rasp, it does`t have to be sanded smooth the fabric covers a lot. Then just glued the fabric to it.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Very nice. I especially like the L track in the walls and floor. Might have to copy that on mine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it`s called Loncoin. comes in may different patters & colors. Not cheap in small quantity & not easy to keep looking clean. But its very durable and has good traction when wet & muddy.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Powderman, can give us the website where u ordered the interweave fabric, color u ordered, and roughly yards needed?

·
Registered
247 Posts
And a lead on where you bought the loncoin please. Was it online, local distributor, where? Their website is lame.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
www.decorativefabricsdirect.com for the interweave & www.thematking.com for the flooring. I think the flooring place just orders it direct from Loneseal per order it took over 2wks for it arrive & they`re only a state away from me. I`ve read on some boat/marine forums that people have had good luck ordering direct from Loneseal even though the website is kinds vague. I ordered 23yds of the interweave & that left me with some extra for changes & screw ups. I`m in the middle of doing a bunch of changes & additions now that I`ve used it, biggest hold up is my windows (8 weeks!), can`t really do anything until they get here. I`ll post more pics once underway.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, thats just a platform It can be removed & strapped to the wall. Air mattress works well on top, just laying on a sleeping bag`s not bad for a quick nap. Thinking about some 2" memory foam that could be rolled up and strapped to the ceiling while not in use.

·
Registered
43 Posts
just a quick side note....memory foam sucks in the cold. I bought a 4 inch foam topper and it gets hard as a rock when the temp is cool.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The platform... Is it strong enuf to sleep on? What's it made out of?
Yes, 2 people can sleep comfortably on it. The platform is 3 sections/panels, 24" deep & the the width of the interior walls. They can be removed stacked & strapped vertically to the wall. Built the frames from 1" X 1/8" thick square tube with 1 cross support in the middle. The top is 1/2" finished ply with a thin indoor/outdoor carpet glued on top & screwed to the frame......Thanks for the memory foam advice, didn`t know that. I may end up putting an Espar heater in it if I keep it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great looking build! What do you expect to do about the foam around the bulkhead area? It sticks out and it going to be a pain to trim around. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I did not use the foam, my friends van is done like that & after consideration I could not come up with enough reasons to go thru the extra expense & work to do it. I may try it on the next one just to see if I notice any benefit with daily use. ......Thats a good website for fabric & supplies, wish I could find a similar place on the east coast to ease the wait on shipping.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts