Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I have a 136" low-top PM that I'm converting to a camper for four people. Struggling with a few key questions:
1. I need to identify a good rear bench set for 2-3 that can fold down forward. Ideas?
2. What are the recommended and affordable materials for sound dampening and thermal insulation? I want to start that myself.

Will post more after these steps.
Peter

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
Welcome. Those 4 better get along. Use the search box in the upper right with the “g". There are lots of ideas. My take..... Rigid sheets of 1” polyisocyanurate foil faced insulation from H-D or Lowes held in place with Great Stuff Foam installed with a cheap pro gun from Amazon. See my thread. Some mass loaded sticky sound deadener for the wheel wells only and some Thinsulate from Hein who posts up on this forum to fill the rib cavities. Others will have their ideas. AS this question comes up alll the time here are sources of you all:

https://www.amazon.com/GOCHANGE-Exp...8&qid=1490973467&sr=8-1&keywords=foam+pro+gun

http://www.ebay.com/sch/impactproducts/m.html

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-16-36...d=1490973689&sr=8-4&keywords=sound+insulation

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Use the search box in the upper right with the “g".
Little known fact: you can also click that the little down-arrow next to the "g" (for Google) and access a second search option (check mark, VB search). I think it's way better at finding and displaying PM Forum posts than the Google option.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I built my 159" van for 4 I made bunk style beds in the very back the top bunk flips up and the bottom turns into a sofa. for seats I went with the whole back row of a ford transit which is 2 sections with 2 seats each. with both sections I can make a dinette around the table in the last picture. the table in the picture was just a short lived temporary table. and the carpet in the picture is temporary 2 and I don't have the seat rails cut out of the carpet on the other side all these pictures were taken during the build process. with the table removed I can turn the seats around to face forward and with the offset of the seat bracket on the base when faced forward it moves the seats further toward the middle of the van which I like for the kids incase of a side impact.

For insulation and sound I started with a 1" thick sound panels that got installed wrong at work and i got to take them home as they were headed for the dumpster i also glued these panels to the floor and glued 3/4 tongue and groove plywood to them . They are a poly foam type material and pretty rigid. than i put ridged foam over them and used spray foam and liquid nail to hold them in tight. all of my cavity's are filled with regular fiberglass insulation and the roof has 3/4" foam between the ribs and 1/2" osb board covered with carpet.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts