Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So still a lot of work to do to finish. But this is what I have done so far.

To build the bed I used the tiedown points to bolt with the bed box frame made of 2 x 4’s

Added the counter top for the kitchen area (Plywood from habitat for Humanity reuse store) we kept it like this for a while as it was easy to continue to go on trips.

Used to denim insulation on the panels of the van and covered it with thin plywood

A GOALZERO Yeti 400 is what we are using to power lights and recharge
2 LED Lights in the camper area and 1 LED in the Gear area

From a reuse store we got the first set of cabinets and I also use the rest of the plywood to divide off the back gear area.

Installed the last cabinet drawer set to fill in the kitchen area.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Welcome and great pictures. We would have not recommended the denim as it absorbs moisture just like your jeans do and dries no better either. Let us know if you have problems but I hope you won’t. I enjoy each persons response to their need for a traveling house. For others who have not committed I suggest a review of insulation threads. Keep us posted on your project and if you want advice just ask. Folks here are very helpful.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Awesome! Good call with Restore too. Make sure that cabinet is very well secured so it won't connect up to say hi in a crash.

I've used denim before with zero issues in the dry Colorado air. I knew that would be the first comment. Everyone has an opinion and a different experience.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,519 Posts
It would be a simple matter to add drawers in that cross-piece under the table, and even under the bed. I have found shallow drawers immensely useful. If you don't want to lose the strength under the bed (you have more than you need), you could have storage that fits between the joists.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts