Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I forgot to tell the dealer about the musty smell when I switch to heat on the PMC when it was in for that rear brake TSB yesterday. That said, does anyone here have any experience with that or can think logically what could be causing it? My first thought is the heater coil has mildew buildup but I do not know how this AC/Heat system is put together.

Rudy

I have 3,500 on it as of today.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hello all,

I forgot to tell the dealer about the musty smell when I switch to heat on the PMC when it was in for that rear brake TSB yesterday. That said, does anyone here have any experience with that or can think logically what could be causing it? My first thought is the heater coil has mildew buildup but I do not know how this AC/Heat system is put together.

Rudy

I have 3,500 on it as of today.
I've been using cabin heat now for over a month,no smells whatsoever.Maybe your dealer has some spray cleaner they can squirt down into the vents? Oh yeah,I only have about 1800 miles on my rpcw right now.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just smelled this musty odor you speak of after my van sat outside in the rain for an hour or so in cold weather. Was quite bad actually.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Research mold in car heater with google. There are sprays. Get it gone as many of such smells are bad for your health, spores, fungus, mouse messes, etc. all bad. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...and I can't seem to shake it. I left it run for 25 mins cranking through defrost and vent while I was cleaning the van and it is still there.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Research mold in car heater with google. There are sprays. Get it gone as many of such smells are bad for your health, spores, fungus, mouse messes, etc. all bad. Good luck.
You are correct, I see a bunch of bad stuff about it. I will be taking it back up to the dealership asap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts