Ram Promaster Forum banner

MultiPlus 3000 Aux Output programming and Wiring

429 Views 10 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  nebulight
I am looking for help from the Victron experts. I have MultiPlus 3000 and have the AC out 2 going to a 20 amp breaker and feeding a water heater. I would like to have the inverter power the water heater when there is less than 500w of output from the inverter and turn off the water heater when there is more than 500w of load on the inverter. This will let the inverter heat water but stop the inverter from going into overload when another load like the heat pump or microwave are on. The HWT currently has a 2,000w element but it can be changed out easily to lower the wattage. If I can make this load shedding work I would rather leave it so that the water can heat quickly, especially when we are plugged in and have 6,000w available with the power assist.

I have tried to set up an assistant to do this, but I am only seeing AC load as a trigger, not the inverter output. Is this possible? I think I can add another assistant to have the AC out 2 always on when shore power is available to get around it but so far I am having trouble getting it to work. It seems that this question has been asked before in the Victron forums but I am hoping that someone here has actually done it. Is it possible to use the inverter overload warning as a trigger to turn off AUX2 ?

I added a second breaker box to allow for a 30a shore power breaker and to keep the AC out 2 separate.

Product Font Parallel Technology Screenshot
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
845 Posts
You will have to have two assistants: one to turn the relay on when loads are below 500w as AC2 Out is always off by default and one to turn the relay off at loads OVER 500w:

Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel

Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Software

You can set the time offset to whatever you works. You should have something built it so it's not fluctuating on and off rapidly based on your loads.

Also a third may be needed if you plan to use shore power as well to force the AC2 Out relay when shore is available. I've never tested this though as I rarely am on shore power:

Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel

You can try this order:

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

· Premium Member
845 Posts
I could have set it to 2500w but instead I set it to turn the ACOut 2 OFF when the overload pre-alarm LED comes on and that seems to work well. Adding the AC1 trigger to turn it ON when we were plugged in was the ticket.
that’s a much better idea for how you intend to use it! And the AC1 for anyone reading this in the future is AC1 INPUT (the assistant screen doesn’t show that in the summary screenshots).

Glad you got it working!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts