Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After putting the first 150 miles on my PMC, I noticed the entire side of the bottom rocker panels are covered in road splatter. There are only mud flaps on the rear tires, none on the front. It seems there will be considerably damage that will result in rust in the future. Has anyone put mud flaps on the front tires?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have both front and rear on mine and yes I think it does keep things cleaner and offers some protection to the rocker panels.

Are they factory? What is funny is the ones on mine that are factory are actually on the front of the rear tire.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Are they factory? What is funny is the ones on mine that are factory are actually on the front of the rear tire.
Mine are dealer installed OEM flaps and they are all mounted on the rear edge of the appropriate wheel well. Maybe your PM went through the assembly line backwards and they didn't notice? :eek:

Oops - just noticed you have a City, my PM is a 2500 HT.

·
Registered
428 Posts
My Ford Escape has small flaps mounted in front of the rear tires. The owner's manual cautions not to remove them as they aid in improving MPG. Research indicates that they interrupt the airflow before the spinning tire and are worth 1/4 MPG at 60 MPH!

·
Registered
2014 3500ext Gas - VA
251 Posts
Pete,
Not a bad price for dealer installed flaps.

For folks that want to install flaps yourself, the best price I found for OEM flaps with the raised Ram logo were at Lee Auto: http://www.leeparts.com/dodge_promaster/ ...approx $88 for the set.

Installation took about 30 minutes and didn't require raising the van or removing the wheels (despite what the directions say).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts