Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to my dealer about mud flaps they said they are going to make them soon, because a lot of people requested them. Dealer said they can get us floor mats.

·
Registered
399 Posts
PM desperately needs front mud flaps. I looked underneath one that the dealer was using as a demo this winter. Virtually every crossmember, bracket, line, that wasn't the hot exhaust system was covered in thick, salty, dirty ice. The rear axle collected an especially high amount. Rocker panels and sides had their share too.

·
Registered
386 Posts
you can probably make your own rubber mud flaps.

or buy universal ones

interested in floor mats though

especially the ones that have full coverage to hold liquid and dirt.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Them mudflaps are nice and they are a molded type.
Ordered them on mine.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Did any-1 get the official PM mudflaps yet?
And install them yourself?
Any pricing and photos?
Thanks
Jim,
I inquired about them a while back in a thread titled "missing stuff". Uncubed posted some pics of the factory mudflaps. I have ordered them from my dealer, but they are on backorder until sometime supposedly this month. I found them from this online dealer.

http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-mopar/82213965ab
http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-mopar/82213967ab

My local Ram dealer offered to match the price at 21% off of the list price of $50 per pair.

Pete

·
Registered
164 Posts
Jim,
I inquired about them a while back in a thread titled "missing stuff". Uncubed posted some pics of the factory mudflaps. I have ordered them from my dealer, but they are on backorder until sometime supposedly this month. I found them from this online dealer.

http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-mopar/82213965ab
http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-mopar/82213967ab

My local Ram dealer offered to match the price at 21% off of the list price of $50 per pair.

Pete
I seen the factory mud flaps on here somewhere and they don't look long enough. I bought ones from a truck up fitter and it did take me a while to install them correctly but I get zero mud on the underside. I also live on a dirt road so the length is very important. Mine are about 4.5" off the ground.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts

Could not find old pictures that I posted before. So here is some more.
I like the fit and look .

·
Registered
810 Posts
Well... I bought a set.from the chain franchise auto parts store. Thw biggest size they had. And I got them on the front using the 2 stock screws.
They are a plastic blend instead of all rubber.
So, I move to the rear... and.... no way .
Theres only 1 screw thats within reach.
The upper screw is too far away for the flap to be effective.
And I cant find any locally that are longer..
Hhhhhmmmmm.......
Drill another hole? The lip is not so wide in between the screws...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well... I bought a set.from the chain franchise auto parts store. Thw biggest size they had. And I got them on the front using the 2 stock screws.
They are a plastic blend instead of all rubber.
So, I move to the rear... and.... no way .
Theres only 1 screw thats within reach.
The upper screw is too far away for the flap to be effective.
And I cant find any locally that are longer..
Hhhhhmmmmm.......
Drill another hole? The lip is not so wide in between the screws...
Yes, the fronts were easy to install and the rears I had to make a bracket out of stainless and bolt it to the frame. A bit time consuming but they are on there better than factory.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Found the pics that I posted before.
Uncubed,
These are the ones that came with your van as an option? Looks like the fronts are molded & the rears are floppy rubber? I called the stealership up for front mud flaps & these were the part#'s they gave me. 1zp03jxwaa Left & 1zp06jxwaa Right side. $161 each! Ludicrous pricing.

I then checked with the supplier that Pete (Pete’s PM Plumbing) referenced earlier in this thread, "Tasca Parts Center". They offered the same Mopar part#'s for $107 ea, still a bit pricey. I then asked the rep about the front mud flap part# Pete mentioned in his post 82213967AB. He stated that they were "rubber type" with a logo on them. He couldn't specify whether it was a Ram or Mopar logo & therein lies the problem. No images available!

Something else that struck me as odd was that on Tasca's website for PN:82213967AB they're listed as Genuine Mopar Parts however if you go to Mopar's website & plug in either of the PN's Pete referenced (82213965AB or 82213967AB) neither are listed in their database. Just a little confused here.

Lastly, I was looking at the mud flap mounting area & it’s channeled out meaning it’s not a flat surface. It would appear that either some “bracing” would be required for aftermarket ones in order for them to mount properly & straight or they would need to be specifically made for our PM’s in order to achieve proper fitment. Don’t mean to make rocket science outta this but Jeez is there any EZ about finding proper parts for these PM vans?

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Flash These came with the van as an option and was $100 for all four install during the build.
Should order what you want with a build, or pay through the nose. They are all like that.
Had a E350 cubevan with a 7.3 Diesel and a valve cover gasket was over $100 for 1!

The front and back are soft molded rubber and will not break in cold weather.
Also they do not flap back and forth on the highway.
The prices you posted are insane! for such a simple molded rubber.
I do not know what to say about that. Keep looking?

There is no stamping on these.

·
Registered
253 Posts
My commercial sales manager at the dealer found the numbers I listed previously, when he looked in the Mopar parts system. I only checked pricing on the Tasca website to keep the dealer honest. According to the dealer, they are supposed to be exact replacement for the factory installed ones. I made the dealer fully aware that I don't want any cheesy flat plastic flaps with a chrome Ram's head printed on them. If these come in and they don't look like the ones in Uncubed's pics, I'm not going to be happy.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts