Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thank you for reposting this. I read through the whole website and picked up some ideas. We don't all build the same or use it the same, but we all learn from those who have gone before us.

Maybe our PM path will one day cross with the Nomers!
Sincerely,
Jeff Rosser

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For a starter, please put your general location in your profile. We are always looking to meet fellow forum members and their vans.

·
Banned
207 Posts
MsNomer, LOVE your build report. Well orgnized, clear and loaded with information.

I found your structural wood designs, creativity and woodworking skills to be awesome.
So, you were inspired by Dali's work? Wife is a fan and took me to Cadaques Spain to see his home/museum.
She can spot a Dali sculptor a mile away.

I also like the awning - simple, detachable and not attached to the van. We are doing the same.
Your floor plan is open and generous. The windows add a lot to that spaciousness.

Thanks for rescuing these from photo bucket and sharing.

·
Banned
207 Posts
Gaudi, not Dali. Huge difference.
Yes I agree.
I was wondering about that as I know both's work. I was left scratching my head.
Dali as you know adores the ladies. God bless him.

Gaudi's work wife and I both admire and your sculpted wood pieces do represent his work.
He died too young, sad.

·
Registered
808 Posts
So, you were inspired by Dali's work? Wife is a fan and took me to Cadaques Spain to see his home/museum.
If you get out Florida way the Dali Museum in St. Petersburg is worth a visit. Even if you've seen it before, they've moved into a whimsical building complete with a helical staircase.

http://thedali.org/virtual-tour/index.html

·
Banned
207 Posts
If you get out Florida way the Dali Museum in St. Petersburg is worth a visit. Even if you've seen it before, they've moved into a whimsical building complete with a helical staircase.

http://thedali.org/virtual-tour/index.html
Hi Ziggy, yes while "in exile" in the US during the Franco American War.

Wife tells me in addition to staying in New York City, he hanged out in St Petersburg. It's on her list of places to stop and visit once we have our North America touring van complete enough to travel. Saw a large bronze sculpture he did featured in Singapore last month, made wife's day.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thank you for doing this. Your build thread here was the best resource for my build. The site is even better, and I’m gonna re-read it. Again. Pictures are great, but your writing is even more helpful. Clear, concise, well structured.

·
Banned
207 Posts
msNomer, more exciting than your excellent van build site is the Woodworking Traveler site. Absolutely out of this world. The views, beauty and adventure shown are inspiring.

Wife, Kim, was floored when I went through many of the locations you posted. She looked up where in the world you were and still raving over your travels.

Thank you for sharing your overseas trips with us.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks. I just wish I had started it sooner. Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria, France, Spain, Morocco, New Zealand, Italy, Austria, Croatia, Bosnia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Peru, Bolivia. I think that's all. All were less than $50/day/person in money, but huge in experience.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks!

Much appreciate you putting in the work over the years on this forum, and preserving that work in a nice website. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
MsNomer, Santiago, Ziggy, There is a street you should visit if you haven't: ‎⁨Casa Batlló SL⁩, ⁨Barcelona⁩, ⁨Spain⁩ a mile or a bit more from ‎⁨Sagrada Familia⁩. Spain is very affordable and out of the summer season very quiet. The traveling is easy, weather is reasonable, plane fares rock bottom priced, hiking super fun, locals friendly, and plenty of Ducatos?

·
Banned
207 Posts
MsNomer, Santiago, Ziggy, There is a street you should visit if you haven't: ‎⁨Casa Batlló SL⁩, ⁨Barcelona⁩, ⁨Spain⁩ a mile or a bit more from ‎⁨Sagrada Familia⁩.
Thanks, nice photo RD.

Been to ‎⁨Casa Batlló ( photographed every floor room by room as well as the roof of course) on two separate trips as well as Sagrada Familia which is awesome. As I mentioned earlier Gaudi's untimely death was a great loss.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Yes, an amazing spot. I think we've been to Barcelona more times than any other city in Europe. If you like Gaudi, you will also like Hundertwasser. Since he didn't like straight lines, he would have loved our vans. ;) He designed an apartment complex in Vienna with undulating floors and sidewalks.

Just imagine what Gaudi and Hundertwasser could do with a Ducato. It would be a fairyland and a riot of color!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts