Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or to anyone else who might know.
Did you use a Penda or Legend Fleet Solutions 'pop in' ceiling?
We keep going over everyone's build images here at PF and it
appears like you did.
If so did you, or anyone else use the wall kits?
Yes I know they are expensive.
My concern/question (knowing my skill set=0) is how much modding to
either the ceiling or wall panels from either Penda or Legend is required
after one has installed insulation.
I guess it depends on how much/thick the insulation finally is. I say finally because
I've read that many add insulation at the end to take care of any voids.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,959 Posts
Ha. My ceiling is luan ply. Primer, 2 coats white color-matched to vehicle, 3 coats WB poly. You are not the first person who did not think it is wood. Two layers of insulation above it, made possible by 1-inch wooden ribs.

·
Super Moderator
10,853 Posts
Or to anyone else who might know.
Did you use a Penda or Legend Fleet Solutions 'pop in' ceiling?
We keep going over everyone's build images here at PF and it
appears like you did.
If so did you, or anyone else use the wall kits?
Yes I know they are expensive.
My concern/question (knowing my skill set=0) is how much modding to
either the ceiling or wall panels from either Penda or Legend is required
after one has installed insulation.
I guess it depends on how much/thick the insulation finally is. I say finally because
I've read that many add insulation at the end to take care of any voids.
Using ceiling or wall kits in a conversion is "iffy" expensive, as you say, and in a 136 particularly, not that much wall/ceiling space left depending on how you lay it out. I vote for ¼" paneling either polyied or painted or even covered with fabric.. if you have many cabinets on the walls you have wasted your money and it's harder to make the changes you will want in the future;).
Mine came with lower factory panels and, other than the rear doors and slider I removed them and sold then to another member here. It's very easy to make up plywood panels for the doors, btw.

·
Registered
468 Posts
my ceiling is one layer reflectix than 1/2" ridged foam between frame members than a very thin foam that comes in a roll 6" wide x I think 50' or 25' spray glued over the frame members and over lapping ridged foam. than I used 1/2 osb plywood and spray glued gray indoor outdoor carpet over that. turned out great and is holding up well over winter.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We're def. doing the panel kit, either Penda or Fleet Solution.
We figure that any mods will be in the ceiling panel to accommodate our insulation layers.
For the walls it will be (I hope) plug-n-play.
Plus we're going for an industrial-euro look in ours, even using diamond plate on the inside in places.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts