Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sort of obsessed with creating a 'crew van' version of the PM.

This would be a regular van with two seats up front, and a bench seat right behind, with storage area in the back - behind the sliding door area.

As you can see there are a bunch of euro manufacturer's who do this, but importing a bulkhead this size would have an incredibly expensive freight charge

To do this, I think it would be nice to have the factory bulkhead moved backward so that it is just behind the sliding door. This would be a good safety feature in case of accident.

Are there any owners with a bulkhead of the van, who could advise on the practicality of this?

Here are some good photos of the rear cargo area and the bulkhead; as you can see, there are good strong framing elements behind the sliding door that may be able to be adapted to take the stock factory bulkhead.

What do you think?

;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I like it. You could probably make that look factory.

PS: Every time some sphincter clencher whinges on about non-certified mods being dangerous, god kills a kitten.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am sort of obsessed with creating a 'crew van' version of the PM.

This would be a regular van with two seats up front, and a bench seat right behind, with storage area in the back - behind the sliding door area.

As you can see there are a bunch of euro manufacturer's who do this, but importing a bulkhead this size would have an incredibly expensive freight charge

To do this, I think it would be nice to have the factory bulkhead moved backward so that it is just behind the sliding door. This would be a good safety feature in case of accident.

Are there any owners with a bulkhead of the van, who could advise on the practicality of this?

Here are some good photos of the rear cargo area and the bulkhead; as you can see, there are good strong framing elements behind the sliding door that may be able to be adapted to take the stock factory bulkhead.

What do you think?

;)
I was wondering if you actually took any steps towards this idea.
I am seriosly considering diy option of that.
But my progress is a little slow, i only have time for it on weekends.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
AbiliTrax offers a Crew and Super Crew floor option, giving you three or six additional seats respectively. We are working with various bulkhead manufacturers to come up with a solution in mounting the bulkhead behind our floor system, approximately near the C pillar or behind that more for the Super Crew option. All of our floor systems and seats have been tested and passed FMVSS/CMVSS testing requirements. For more information or to locate an Authorized AbiliTrax retailer, please contact AbiliTrax directly

AbiliTrax
(800)500-6181
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did a partition behind the slider on a 170" sprinter high top.i built it out of 2x2 and include a door on starboard side and insulated with 2" foam work out great painted it black moved the second row seating all the way back to the wall it was like a limo

·
Registered
604 Posts
Here's a pic of mine. It's not finished. I will cover it with carpet soon.
Nice!

Couldn't have that... I never get my better-half out of those sweet loungers. I'd get stuck doing all the driving! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts