Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Spend the money on a good ramp. A arched ramp would be the best way to go. A folding one like the Black Widow is nice: Full-Width Motorcycle Truck Ramps — Wide Motorcycle Ramps | Discount Ramps P6013563.JPG P6013563.JPG The flooring is the OEM factory mat. I ordered it here, they had the best prices: Genuine OEM Wholesale Auto Parts | BAM Wholesale Parts It's a hard plastic type material that is stain and slip resistant. The holes are already cut in the mat. I put a layer of Reflectix insulation from Home Depot under the mat. Not sure if it made a difference but i figured it would help with sound damping and it fills the gaps in the factory floor. It also makes it easier on your knees if you ever have to crawl around back there! I changed the factory tie down loops to these, they are bigger and nicer than the factory ones. 6 GENUINE VW/MERCEDES SPRINTER FLOOR LASHING/TIE DOWN D RINGS | eBay
I have retractably ratchet straps: 1
I use soft tie loops to secure the rear of the bike: 1
I use a canyon dancer for the front of my bike: Welcome to Canyon Dancer, Inc. - Home of the original Bar-Harness.
or you can use the soft tie loops around each side of the upper or lower triple tree.
I have a Baxley front wheel chock: Sport Chock

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Spend the money on a good ramp. A arched ramp would be the best way to go. A folding one like the Black Widow is nice: Full-Width Motorcycle Truck Ramps — Wide Motorcycle Ramps | Discount Ramps View attachment 63694 View attachment 63694 The flooring is the OEM factory mat. I ordered it here, they had the best prices: Genuine OEM Wholesale Auto Parts | BAM Wholesale Parts It's a hard plastic type material that is stain and slip resistant. The holes are already cut in the mat. I put a layer of Reflectix insulation from Home Depot under the mat. Not sure if it made a difference but i figured it would help with sound damping and it fills the gaps in the factory floor. It also makes it easier on your knees if you ever have to crawl around back there! I changed the factory tie down loops to these, they are bigger and nicer than the factory ones. 6 GENUINE VW/MERCEDES SPRINTER FLOOR LASHING/TIE DOWN D RINGS | eBay
I have retractably ratchet straps: 1
I use soft tie loops to secure the rear of the bike: 1
I use a canyon dancer for the front of my bike: Welcome to Canyon Dancer, Inc. - Home of the original Bar-Harness.
or you can use the soft tie loops around each side of the upper or lower triple tree.
I have a Baxley front wheel chock: Sport Chock
thanks for the incredibly detailed response! I ordered the black widow ramp and canceled my harbor freight ramp order

·
Registered
13 Posts
The most important part is the ground to floor height clearance. This is where the arched ramp comes in handy. The black window style ramps are great because of their width.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts

I'm hauling a Honda NC700x in the van. I just ride it slowly up the ramp and coast it back down using front brake. The ramp is attached to the bumper with bolts so it's not going anywhere.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
So the 2x6 is anchored to the bumper and the ramp sections are anchored to the 2x6.

And the 2x6 also puts the ramp sections at the perfect height for a smooth loading.

Loading and unloading a bike via ramps can be extremely dangerous if the ramps are loose or just laid up on the edge of a truck or van. I'm almost always by myself on these adventure runs, so I try to be as safe as possible. I've been up and down those ramps many times without having any problems.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
So the 2x6 is anchored to the bumper and the ramp sections are anchored to the 2x6.
View attachment 64154

And the 2x6 also puts the ramp sections at the perfect height for a smooth loading.

Loading and unloading a bike via ramps can be extremely dangerous if the ramps are loose or just laid up on the edge of a truck or van. I'm almost always by myself on these adventure runs, so I try to be as safe as possible. I've been up and down those ramps many times without having any problems.
This is fantastic! THANK YOU. THANK YOU! Attempting to set this up today with my ramp.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts