Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a salvage 2015 Promaster 2500 159" high top 3.6L. The motor mounts are broken. The passenger side mount matches what I can find in replacement parts but the driver side mount that is on my vehicle doesn't match anything that I can find for '14 to '18 parts. My mount has 3 mounting bolts into the transmission casing on the horizontal and 1 bolt vertical. All the illustrations I find have 2 horizontal and 2 vertical. Did MOPAR change the mount somewhere for certain models? In any case, the transmission bolts broke the threads so it will need repaired.

·
Registered
253 Posts
When my transmission was replaced Chrysler also sent a new type of motor mount to replace one of the two existing ones. The dealer said they were not told the purpose of changing to the new type mount. This may have nothing to do with your findings but thought I'd throw it out there in case it was related.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally figured it out once I actually removed the driver side mount. The mounts are correct. I have to build a new driver side mount to attach to the transmission case because the wreck broke the original mounting threads from the case. Poor design. The motor mounts should have been designed to break, not the transmission mount holes. Lots of fab work to get a new mounting plate to fit and to figure out all the offsets and angles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I finally figured it out once I actually removed the driver side mount. The mounts are correct. I have to build a new driver side mount to attach to the transmission case because the wreck broke the original mounting threads from the case. Poor design. The motor mounts should have been designed to break, not the transmission mount holes. Lots of fab work to get a new mounting plate to fit and to figure out all the offsets and angles.
Do you have any pictures of what you did? I’m having the same issue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts