Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked through the speaker posts and was able to see from one of the photos that the door speakers are 4 ohm 20 watt speakers. Does anyone know what the back of the tweeters say they are?

Does anyone know what the rated output of the uconnect radio is? I cannot find any specs, just features.

Also it looks like from photos the OEM is setup as component speakers, but does anyone know for sure? I'd like to know if I'd be able to plug component speakers in without having to rewire the crossover. That part is not clear to me. It seems like people either install 2/3 way speakers in the doors and ignore the tweeter, or use components and rewire the crossover. Any insights would be helpful thanks!

·
Registered
473 Posts
The Connect 5 is 13 watts output. The tweeter is crossed over with a simple capacitor glued on the back. I wouldn't even consider the power handling of the tweet as they are usually around 5-10 watts...they don't really see a whole lot of power.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It is a real PITA to rewire the tweeters too. Driver side you have to pull the whole fuse panel out, luckily you dont have to disconnect it. Passenger side is worse, the glove box has to be removed and from what I remember half the dash came out. Doesnt sound like a lot but it took me about 3 hours to wire both of the, obviously there was a learning curve involved too.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was going through my photos and found the install pics I took. Kind of rough, but it is a very tight spot to get in and take photos.

Hope this helps, click the I (info) button at the top for a brief overview on the photo: https://goo.gl/photos/xf59j1rWE22Teqdh9

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,709 Posts
It is a real PITA to rewire the tweeters too. Driver side you have to pull the whole fuse panel out, luckily you dont have to disconnect it. Passenger side is worse, the glove box has to be removed and from what I remember half the dash came out. Doesnt sound like a lot but it took me about 3 hours to wire both of the, obviously there was a learning curve involved too.
AC,

Good info for the "keep in mind" file. Thanks!

If you just want to replace the tweeters, do you need to do all of that or can you just pop the front grille and remove 'em from the front, like the woofers? (only smaller!)

Ed

·
Registered
174 Posts
AC,

Good info for the "keep in mind" file. Thanks!

If you just want to replace the tweeters, do you need to do all of that or can you just pop the front grille and remove 'em from the front, like the woofers? (only smaller!)

Ed
Yes and no, they hot glued my tweeter covers in place so it is best to take down the whole pillar cover to not break it. The factory tweeters have a mount that needs to be unscrewed too. The kicker tweeters I have are 1" but they wouldnt fit the factory mount, tried to make it work but the plastic broke on me. So I just took a hole saw bit and drilled through the tweeter grill to flush mount the new tweeter.

If you plan to rerun the wire you will need to take the pillar down anyways, it will make it way easier. The hard part is getting it to fit back into place, takes a few cuss words and some manipulation.

I added a photo to the link above showing the tweeter installed in the grill cover.

Reactions: proeddie
1 - 7 of 7 Posts