Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search, "window air deflectors" and did not find an answer to my question concerning the Mopar Window Air Deflectors for my PM. My most sincere apologies if I somehow missed the thread with the information I was seeking.

I am trying to find out if these deflectors generate more wind noise when going down the highway when the window is rolled up closed. I only found some info saying that they didn't make it quieter. Not what I want to know. Want to know when going down the highway if when the window is rolled up do they make more noise than without them with the window rolled up. I suspect that they might make a wind disturbance that can be heard in cabin with the window is rolled up.

https://moparonlineparts.com/promaster-deflector-p-6769.html

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, yes I did read that one but didn't answer my question. I will probably go ahead and get the Mopar deflectors and will find out for myself. Will post a review after testing them out to see if they actually generate outside to inside the cab noise due to the air rushing past them with the window closed. Most likely even if they do it's probably negligible. We'll see.

·
Registered
763 Posts
On my 159' after adding perfect* sound damper and insulation on cab sheetmetal the windshield pillar // door frame wind noises became much more noticeable - I don't have the door window deflectors but if they pull the wind tearing noises off the glass & sheetmetal surface and lower the tone I'd think it be a good trade off...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I installed the deflectors and don't recall any change in wind noise with the window closed. When the window was opened a little bit ( an inch?) the increase in noise was much greater than before the deflectors. Then months later I installed sound dampening and absorber material to the roof, floor and doors and that made a huge difference in overall noise and the wind noise was now much more apparent with the window closed. My goal in installing the deflectors was to be able to have the window cracked open for ventilation when parked and not have the rain drip into the van.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I got a set of the OEM deflectors for the windows and installed them. Fit perfectly on my 2018 and work perfectly. Easily installed. Very powerful 3M tape and a couple of metal braces to stiffen it up I guess. No interference with rolling up the window. Anyway very easy, no drilling install. Haven't noticed any difference in wind noise. Got mine here in about 5 business days.
https://moparonlineparts.com/promaster-deflector-p-6769.html

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will they fit 2017 ?
I don't think there's been any change in the shape of the driver's and passenger doors and windows from 2014 to 2018 so should fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts