Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One day my wife noticed I had moisture in my drivers side headlamp, I mentioned this to the dealer when I took it in for the TPMS recall. The tech ordered both headlamp assemblies, but the drivers side was damaged in shipping so they only replaced the passenger side.

The other day when I stopped for gas I noticed I now have moisture in both headlamps.

Anyone else have this?

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Yes I have it in both. The moisture always goes away. Todd

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
It says in the manual somewhere that this is normal. It goes away.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,375 Posts
One day my wife noticed I had moisture in my drivers side headlamp, I mentioned this to the dealer when I took it in for the TPMS recall. The tech ordered both headlamp assemblies, but the drivers side was damaged in shipping so they only replaced the passenger side.

The other day when I stopped for gas I noticed I now have moisture in both headlamps.

Anyone else have this?
Here's Chrysler view on the subject I don't agree that its a non issue. My house windows that would fog now look like soap scum that cant be cleaned.
Heres the TSB:
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0808613.pdf

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
According to that then, there is a breach as I have fogging even after an hour of driving, noticed it several times and with the cold weather, frost.

Sometimes I've seen it completely clear, but not from having the lights on.

·
Registered
351 Posts
My new 2015 has shown this behavior. I was going to bring it up when I take it to get serviced.

I'm assuming it should be completely sealed and there shouldn't be ANY moisture in the lens to fog up I don't care what their bulletin says.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My dealer replaced both of mine. He did say that if there is still moisture inside the lamp after 20 minutes of the headlights being on, they would be replaced. I didn't agree with the 20 minute test because the lamps should be completely sealed from new but since they were replaced, I can't complain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts