Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member to this site and a new 2016 159" 2500 PM. Just starting to build out my PM so I can transport my cabinetry and finish carpentry tools to job sites. Got really old trying to make my 2012 F-150 Lariet work for transport tools and materials.

I've completed the floor for the cargo area. I used those 2'x2' OSB T&G subfloor squares with the rigid plastic waffle laminated to the bottom of the panels. After scroll cutting the panels to fit I glued them together with PL400. I also glued the panels to the cargo steel floor using the PL400 and I also used a hole saw to cut out the floor areas where the cargo D-rings where located and due to the new floor thickness I reattached the D-rings using longer bolts. The floor won't be going anywhere soon. I'll top the OSB floor with some rubber floor.

The last week here in Alberta it has been about -18C and with the windchill it's been as low as -26C so I haven't been able to tolerate the cold for very long so the build progress has been slow. It is warming up as of today so I hope to get more completed soon...

I did complete the installation of the exterior grade 1/2" ply to one side of the van and hope to start building custom shelving to house the mostly Festool tools and systainer tool storage system. For the shelving I ordered some 3/4" Russian Baltic Birch made with exterior grade glues to handle any moisture issues.

I attach some pics of what I have accomplished so far and will post more when I make any more progress. I attach also a photo of my previous F-150 with 966LF of MDF mouldings shoved through the truck's rear window! Yikes!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll try to upload some more photos again. Most of the ones that I tried to upload didn't?

Not a dig, but the client used for uploading photos to this site is clunky to use especially on an iPad. I am able to easily upload photos on some other forum sites I frequent. I'll try again with this second post, but it seems that the photo upload is uploading them one try at a time and I don't have the patience or time to do it this way. Sorry!

As an alternative, I've posted a bunch more photos to festoolownersgroup.com. Just search posts by BMAC and New Ride Promaster.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Festool, I wish. Crappy tire job mate for me... J/K. Finish carpenters always have the nicest tools. This forum doesn't have the best UI, uploading high res pictures is a joke.
Im curious how those systainers will hold up in the cold weather and bouncy ride the van will have unladen. Most of the customers I service just use steel, aluminum or ply shelves. They do take a beating but man the organization is just horrendous.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts