Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the dealer, I noticed the engine skid panels, center and left were missing in my new van. Looked like they were never installed. Better check your vans for missing stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Wow I just had a look and I only have the passenger side skid. Is there suppose to
be centre and drivers?
I know I was missing the cover for the boost connection but got one from the dealer.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hmm.. are these skid plates listed as part of the build somewhere? I haven't thought look for something like this.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I though it was odd that it was open under the engine when I looked under the van, I looked up the parts on the ram parts site and there they were.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Maybe after NHTSA made Chevy recall all the Cruze's and cut a huge section out of the middle of it's engine shield/skid plate because some mechanic spilled oil on it and didn't clean it up causing a fire Ram decided not to use it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mojogoat,

Could you post a link to the Dodge parts listed you referred to?
Thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
GoodOleBoy.

I was missing a rear mudflap and the dealer replaced it at no charge under warranty. I would think if the skid plates should be there, the dealer would put them on under warranty.

·
Registered
253 Posts
If any one has the factory mudflaps and can post some pics it would be helpful. When I ordered mine in May, the dealer couldn't give me any specifics on what the factory mudflaps consisted of. He didn't have any pictures available. I think it was a $50 option. He said he would get specifics and if I wanted them I could have them ordered in the parts dept. for the same price. I don't want them if they were just some cheesy flat plastic ones. But I might want them if they are actually molded to fit the PM.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ive tried to order mud flaps from several dealers and online places and nobody has factory mud flaps in stock yet and are not available to order. MoparAmerica says that you can order a new PM with mud flaps but you cant order just the mud flaps yet. They did take my order online and will send them when as soon they are available.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If any one has the factory mudflaps and can post some pics it would be helpful. When I ordered mine in May, the dealer couldn't give me any specifics on what the factory mudflaps consisted of. He didn't have any pictures available. I think it was a $50 option. He said he would get specifics and if I wanted them I could have them ordered in the parts dept. for the same price. I don't want them if they were just some cheesy flat plastic ones. But I might want them if they are actually molded to fit the PM.
I could be wrong but im pretty sure that they are not molded. From acouple OEM parts list online it appears that there are brackets that come along with the flat mud flap. and they usaully cost around $100.00 for the complete set.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I could be wrong but im pretty sure that they are not molded. From acouple OEM parts list online it appears that there are brackets that come along with the flat mud flap. and they usaully cost around $100.00 for the complete set.
BrownBodie they are molded rubber and will not flap back and forth on the
highway like flat rubber ones would do.
I ordered it with my van blindly and when the van showed up ,I was more than
impressed.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts