Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last week, we took one of our grand-nephews on a vacation. Took my wife's SUV because: 1) the kids like Embassy Suites! 2) transporting children in DIY campervan safely/legally 3) city had parking garages and valet parking only at hotel.

The van just wasn't a good fit for this trip.

I realized how much I like vacationing in the van vs. more traditional transportation...

the fridge... you really get used to having a fridge on board.
the beds... I like my couch/beds in the PM more than many hotel beds.. way better than the beds at the Comfort Suites we visited!
the stuff... seems like I was packing forever, and I hate lugging suitcases in and out of the car. In the van, it's all there, ready to go.
the porta potti....
lunch breaks and snacks... easier to just go back to the fridge or kitchen cabinet
air conditioning... no AC in the van, just a Maxxair, but I like it more than the AC unit in most hotels - they all seem to blow cold air directly on the bed!
charging... the outlets are right there, ready to charge phones, etc.
the TV... my small TV in the van gets a better picture than the TV at CS (no def!), and I have a DVD and USB stick player.

Next trip? van time! :D

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Boy do we hear you! Since buying the van we have taken only one extended (3+ week) trip flying to friends, public transportation, hotels for a week of it and we fell back in love with vanning!

·
Super Moderator
10,163 Posts
I have no desire to ever stay at a hotel/motel for these very reasons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts