Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find myself with random one-off questions or comments so thought I'd start this thread.

Arm rests - I'm finding that I would really like a left arm rest (and the occasional passenger might like one too). Has anyone had any success making one, or with an after market one?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I don't think you can put one on the drivers left or passenger right because of the airbag that is built into each seat.

I'd like to put one on the passenger left side but haven't really searched for one. I've seen photos on Ram's website of a passenger left side armrest. The armrest appears to be exactly the same as the ones on a 2007 Dodge Sprinter seat I bought. I've seen photos of the same armrests on Fiat web pages for the Ducato version too. Might have to buy it online from a European site? Or from a Mercedes dealer? Either way I think you'd have to partially remove the seat cover to install it.

·
Super Moderator
9,051 Posts
I would asume you could get one from Chrysler (or Duccato) that is an exact match for the passenger left side and it would just holt on (at least you could with Sprinters). It might take a little research and some searching on European links but I can't believe they don't exist out there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Insulation

Hello builders! Anyone with any experience with, or thoughts on this stuff for insulation? I have yet to see it mentioned in any camper conversions. http://www.alsliner.com/alsHNR

PS - thanks for the input on the arm rests. I hadn't thought about the airbags - good points

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
Hello builders! Anyone with any experience with, or thoughts on this stuff for insulation? I have yet to see it mentioned in any camper conversions. http://www.alsliner.com/alsHNR

PS - thanks for the input on the arm rests. I hadn't thought about the airbags - good points
The ceramic microspheres are a scam.
This has been discussed in some depth on the GreenbuildingAdvisor.com just search for "ceramic micro spheres".

Gary

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found the article -well that would help explain why I haven't come across anyone using the stuff in their builds! Thanks Gary

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just ran across your post about the microspheres, I am using them, coating the undercarriage of my build. I conducted my own a test by coating a half a piece of sheet metal and measuring the temp difference between the sphere coated and plain paint coated when heat applied. I found that it really insulates. I've got about 5 coats applied so far. I bought the ceramic microspheres and mixed my own paint as its allot cheaper. Anything you can do to slow down heat transfer saves energy and makes your camper a little more comfortable. Microspheres on their own won't insulate very much but when you add it to the other materials, you have a net gain. Avoid bubble type insulation as it has a low R factor without an air gap. Thinsulate is probably the best for RV applications unless you can afford Aerogel. Only use hydrophobic materials.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts